Windows Format iPod...Help me

Reaction score
My windows laptop was stolen out of my appartment recently, i jus tpurchased a 17 inch macbook pro. My iPod has my compete music library still on it, is there some way to get my music library off the iPod and onto my new computer? any input would be very helpful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
When you open iTunes and plug in your iPod it should have told you that the iPod was synced to another library and asked you if you wanted to add the content to your current library and pair the iPod to the new machine.

OP
D
Reaction score
yeah it does not give me that option at all...it starts updating my current library (of about 1 album) on the iPod...i have no choice in the matter whatsoever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
use senuiti

That should get you all set-up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Sorry to hear the thieves made of with your lappy!

Welcome to the forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
use senuiti

That should get you all set-up.

I second that. The Mac should have no problems reading your iPod as Macs read FAT32. If you are exclusively using your Mac though, once you have got all of your music then reformat your iPod so it is a Mac-formatted iPod from within iTunes.

I would advise keeping backups of your stuff in a safe place unless something like this happens again. Losing your computer is one thing, but I think losing important data that I have collected over the years is much more precious to me.

Sorry to hear about that though. Someone broke into my car a week ago stole some stuff out of it right outside my home.

Reaction score
I second that. The Mac should have no problems reading your iPod as Macs read FAT32. If you are exclusively using your Mac though, once you have got all of your music then reformat your iPod so it is a Mac-formatted iPod from within iTunes.

You do not know how much time you just saved me. I was about to sit down tomorrow, restore my ipod to mac's fs and start from scratch because i thought i had to. holy cow. I just plugged the thing in and it worked perfectly.

I'll do it eventually, but man... awesome.

thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
link

hope it helps
sorry to hear about your laptop

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.