Windows 11 not booting on Mac

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a MBP (MacBook Pro 16,2) installed with Windows 11 only, and I tried to upgrade from 22523 to 22526, but a few hours later it hung on a black screen. It was stuck on this screen and I left it for 5 hours and was still stuck on this screen. I am unable to boot into internet recovery as I deleted Mac OS off the machine. I tried making a USB, and tried booting it on the Mac, but it redirected me to the internet recovery screen. I tried booting into internet recovery, but got the -2002F error. I read that this is because the T2 chip doesn’t allow booting from a USB unless some settings are changed. How can I restore the Mac?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

You put yourself into a bind by removing macOS and installing Windows. The T2 chip is a security feature and has you locked out. You will need another Mac, and also read thru this:

OP
Reaction score
Welcome to our forums.

You put yourself into a bind by removing macOS and installing Windows. The T2 chip is a security feature and has you locked out. You will need another Mac, and also read thru this:

If I am unable to access another Mac, would there be any other option other than taking it to an Apple store?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If I am unable to access another Mac, would there be any other option other than taking it to an Apple store?
Probably not. If the machine did not contain the T2 chip, it would just be a matter of installing macOS via a flash drive. However, newer Macs such as your contain the T2 security chip which makes things more complicated.

It could be worse. The new Silicon (M1) Macs are even more complicated. Good luck and we hope an Apple Store will be willing to restore your MacBook Pro for free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.