Will this combo work?

Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

The iMac is a reasonable buy but be warned the platter 500GB drive is pretty slow compared to an SSD. When I had that model a few iMacs aho, I used an external Thunderbolt drive as the boot drive and it made a huge difference to the speed of the machine. The internal was used for backups etc.

Memory I would not purchgase as it is rated faster than the iMac's original specified memory which is 204-pin PC3-10600 (1333 MHz) DDR3 SO-DIMM, Macs are very fussy about memory and do not use low density modules from PCs, but dearer high density. The memory in your link is actually for the next model iMc, a late 2012. This is the precise memory from OWC you need:-

https://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other World Computing/1333DDR38S08/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
That seems like a reasonable buy, but I don't know about the comments of that model beings slow as its Geekbench scores are just a bit slower than my 2.7GHz 27" 2011 iMac and both run 7200RPM HDDs, not like some models that ran 5400RPM HDDs, and my iMac runs more than fast enough for my general use.

But I'd also suggest you can do better and look at more compatible memory as already suggested.

For more iMac details, check the specs here:
http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...inch-aluminum-mid-2011-thunderbolt-specs.html

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.