Will Apple ever include a stylus with the Ipad?

Reaction score
Not just any stylus, a digitizer stylus just like the one on the Surface Pro 3 with palm rejection and stuff. I know there are third party stylus like that but the IPad's not really made for that. Will Apple ever actually make a digitizer stylus or even the option available for this thing, it would be so useful for drawing Among other things.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No one really knows what Apple has planned for the future. However, something similar to a digitizer type stylus for an iPad is probably something that Apple is not going to do. Considering how weak sales are for the MS Surface Pro line, I doubt Apple will go that route. But who knows....?

Reaction score
Not just any stylus, a digitizer stylus just like the one on the Surface Pro 3 with palm rejection and stuff. I know there are third party stylus like that but the IPad's not really made for that. Will Apple ever actually make a digitizer stylus or even the option available for this thing, it would be so useful for drawing Among other things.
I doubt it. Apple always seems to give you less and charge more for it ;-). As with a lot of iAccessories, I imagine they'll leave the market open for all the third party companies like Wacom.

C

chas_m

No. And the reason for this is because in normal operation, a stylus is completely unnecessary. I can see why people would need it for certain specialized types of apps (see for example, drawing), but overall it really isn't necessary. Besides,you have to leave something for the third-party accessory makers to do. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.