wifi trouble

Reaction score
Hi there, Just this morning my MacBook pro has started "searching for networks" it connects and disconnects every 3 or so seconds and is constantly look for networks...i have my wifi at the top of the list in preferences and the router is right in front of me with a strong signal..i can "Hotspot" my phone and it picks up that signal ok....it was fine last night but not this morning...any idea what might have caused this....cheers Paul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I would power cycle everything on your network. Shut everything off, printers, game consoles, tvs, etc. Whatever connects to your home network shut it down, including the router and modem. Leave it off for a few minutes, then one device at a time, starting with the modem, turn them on. Wait for each one to be connected, before adding a device. After the modem, do the router. Then start with the computers and devices.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.