Wifi stops working, restart required

Reaction score
Several times a day my wifi will stop working, and the only way for it to work again is to restart the computer. I've only had this problem since I've been using 10.10.1 and 10.10.2 on an iMac. My specs are: iMac OS X 10.10.2, 3.2 GHz i5, 8GB 1600 MHz. Any way to fix this issue? Any help appreciated!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
All I can tell you is that intermittent WiFi connections was a problem for some folks who were using the initial Yosemite release (10.10.0). Later on 10.10.1 was released and the WiFi connection issue was supposedly addressed by it. However, it was still a problem for some and now 10.10.2 has been released and again the WiFi connection issue is supposedly fixed.

Reaction score
I have seen 10.10.2 users complant about wifi issue not being fixed.

OP
T
Reaction score
All I can tell you is that intermittent WiFi connections was a problem for some folks who were using the initial Yosemite release (10.10.0). Later on 10.10.1 was released and the WiFi connection issue was supposedly addressed by it. However, it was still a problem for some and now 10.10.2 has been released and again the WiFi connection issue is supposedly fixed.

Thanks for the quick response. I have 10.10.2 and unfortunately the issue is still occurring. I also have a macbook with the same operating system, and interestingly enough I'm NOT having this problem on there.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Interestingly enough, most of the complaints were from folks who had an iMac although a few were from MacBook Pro users. All I can advise you is to hang in and wait to see what Apple does. This problem has come up before with older releases of OS X and it usually takes a while to sort out. In the meantime get out your "Google" big guns and try to find out through searching how other users are coping with it. Sometimes you can pick up a work around that way.

OP
T
Reaction score
That's true, hopefully someone out there found a solution for it, just gotta find if they posted it on the internet. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
How old is your router? Find about 2-3 years is the go for me and what you describe is so typical. Try resetting the router, and setup browser with a new account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.