Why'd You Switch

OP
U

UncSki1218

I switched to try something new. But, it wasn't just for fun. Macs seemed safer, easier, and smoother. (I had used my friends a few times.) And of course, they are. I don't hate windows. I use it on almost a daily basis because all of my family uses it and my only laptop runs XP. Security issues aside there is nothing wrong with windows...i just like OS X sooo much more. Windows works just fine but OS X is actually fun to use.

OP
S

SHNAKE

I had wanted to try a mac for a long time but they were never at all even near my price range. When I found out that I could get macbook for just over $1000 I figured this was my chance. Not only was it a great deal in terms of it being a mac, but for the hardware I got it was still a decent deal even compared to PC's. I am going off to college next year and I really do not want to spend much time using my computer, I want it to work when i want it to work, period. I don't want to spend time tweaking, worry about viruses and spyware etc, I want it to be media friendly (front row is amazing) portable (this macbook is tiny) and do my school stuff (I have office 2004 running through rosetta but I am sure there will be a universal binary office suite out sometime soon).

zal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BackMac Book 2Ghz Duo-Core, iMac G3(running Os X)
Since the moment i saw mac os x i fell in love. My parents refused to buy a mac when it came time for a new pc, then when it came time for my college computer i got me this purdy little MB. I have never used such a complete computer in my life and feel as if the Mac Book has made my life easier than it already was.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
mynameis said:
I'll never switch...

Ditto! The first computer I owned was a Mac...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
baggss said:
Ditto! The first computer I owned was a Mac...

Good one Baggss!

Mine was a Commodore 64. The Mac Plus would have been my 2nd but I was broke at the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
I've been using Linux & FreeBSD for years, but was never fully satisfied with Linux running on laptops- some buttons work, some don't, power management issues, etc... (though much has been worked out now). I've wanted a Mac for years due to the beautiful GUI and the Unix core. I finally got a MBP about 6 weeks ago and have absolutely loved it- no regrets at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.