Why Firefox. .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
Slash, the only reason I have Firefox is because of Myspace. I've had Safari crash on me every time I try go to the blog section, for some reason. And I have about 4 friends whose pages are covered with a giant ominous black square in Safari, but work fine in Firefox. If I've got something configured wrong, or I'm missing an update, I'd be quite happy to remedy the issue and just stick to Safari. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Safari crashing is Apple's attempt at saving the world from MySpace.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
The only reason I used FireFox over Safari, were the mass amount of extensions/plug-ins available. Specifically the "session saver," so I didn't have to re-open all of my websites, it'd just show the last ones I had open.

Since I found a plug-in for Safari that now does this, I don't use FireFox at all. If you ask me, v2.0 was very bad. It'd take forever to open, freeze, crash, slow browsing, etc. That was on both Mac OS X and Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
Safari crashing is Apple's attempt at saving the world from MySpace.

We can only hope. MySpace is the breeding ground for really horrible code.

Sebastian, that is strange because I have the exact opposite, I personally don't use blogs on MySpace that much, I will check it out.

punk, I agree. I much preferred Firefox pre-version 2.0, it just doesn't seem as stable anymore and a lot more bloated, it is still a great browser though.

T

todd51

Camino has served as the best browser for me. I also agree that Safari is trying to stop people from using Myspace.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I put foxfire on my MAC simply due to that was my browser of choice when using a windows machine. I still use it due to a couple plugin's that are available such as the EXIF reader for images, but do use safari as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.