Why does Apple push these really stupid UI changes and have no mechanism to disable them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is Apple the only tech shop on the planet that doesn't know how to give their users a way to opt out of some of these really stupid ideas like changing the notification pop-up so that you have to go find a little tiny "x" in order to dismiss it? Or, the equally brilliant idea of pushing window snapping without any way to disable it?

I find it really strange that I have to point this out. It's like a vestigial holdover from the old days when Apple almost put themselves out of business by assuming they knew better than their customers what they needed.

One thing I have noticed is that Apple-moderated forums can't seem to take any kind of criticism unless is worded in a way that doesn't disparage Apple in any way, shape, or form. It make me wonder if their forum moderators work in their marketing department.

Is there a mechanism for influencing Apple's UI choices and/or giving them feedback so they stop annoying their users?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

We are not employed by Apple and are volunteers who spend time trying to help other Apple users.

If you wish to provide a complaint or feedback to Apple, here is the URL:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.