Why Citrix?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, MacOS Ventura, iPod Touch, iPhone 6s Plus, MacBook Air 2020
I notice there seem to be a lot of "Citrix Receiver" and related apps/folders/files on my iMac Catalina. A Google search is not helpful (to me). What is Citrix? How did it get here? Is there any harm in introducing it to AppZapper? Thank you.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Citrix is a service whereby you "stream" applications from a central server to a number of thin clients. The idea was to have a number of beefy servers letting a large number of clients access applications with those also being beefy.

You must have done some sort of remote application thing or installed an application which uses Citrix's functionality to make it happen. Citrix Receiver is the client application. It was replaced by Citrix Workspace.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, MacOS Ventura, iPod Touch, iPhone 6s Plus, MacBook Air 2020
Wow! That was quick. You're right, I did. Thank you for reminding me ... I used Logmein to communicate from Maine with my father-in-law in Hawaii. He has long since died, so it's AppZapper for Citrix.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.