• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Who would win v.3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Aragorn vs. King Leonidas

I am still up in the air about this one.

Reaction score
This is a difficult one to answer. One existed, one did not. So I'll assume we're talking about the fantastic version of each, and vote for Leonidas. His entire life was about battle, and he was considered one of the greatest warriors in culture and community of warriors.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
This is a difficult one to answer. One existed, one did not. So I'll assume we're talking about the fantastic version of each, and vote for Leonidas. His entire life was about battle, and he was considered one of the greatest warriors in culture and community of warriors.

Aragorn had giant walking trees and elves....

OP
cheesybanana
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I am leaning towards Leonidas. I mean, the badass factor is certainly there...more so than Aragorn. And you are right Todd, he is a symbol of strength in our culture.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
leonidas = batman : aragorn = superman

in the real world, well...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I'm gonna go with Aragorn because it seemed like 300 kinda ripped off LOTR with some of it's characters. I mean that hunchback guy following them and then becoming a traitor? You can't tell me that wasn't inspired by Gollum. Plus didn't the bad guys in LOTR use giant elephants in that movie too? I think 300 ripped off Braveheart a bit too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Does anybody else get the same impression that I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Well, chronologically, the story that 300 is based off of came WELL before LOTR and Braveheart, so technically, it was more so that LOTR and Braveheart did the copying... ;)

Oh, and eric, Batman can kick Superman's ***, as evident in The Dark Knight Returns :cool:

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
that was my point. real world. superman doesn't exist. ;)

OP
cheesybanana
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
that was my point. real world. superman doesn't exist. ;)

Real world. Batman doesn't exist either. At least not for us sane people. As for you... :D

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yeah, but he could. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
You and what army?

I think it depends on whether this is single combat, or includes their respective armies.

Solo, Aragorn. Otherwise, I dunno.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
I think it depends on whether this is single combat, or includes their respective armies.

Solo, Aragorn. Otherwise, I dunno.

An army as described in LOTR would crush a phalanx, the technology is clearly an advantage (catapults, long bows, armor plates).
In the case of a solo fight i would bet on Aragorn, mostly because of his experience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
And he's half elf!!!!

Plus I believe chronologically LOTR happened first as that was right before the elves left and while there were still elves and dwarves and hobbits.

The closest thing to hobbits and dwarves in persian times would be midgets. And they Gandalf could just fry them all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But would Leonidas and Aragorn even fight? I mean, they both had the same goals in battle, they both love freedom, and they're both the heroes in their respective films. Can't we all just get along?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.