• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Who rides a bike?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
My two road bikes are a Litespeed Classic and a Specialized Allez:

I need to get out and ride more.

Mark

One would think you'd be riding a Diamondback ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I luuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvv my '07 Kona Coiler. I'm 6' 220lbs and with a little more extra added parts, it's rock solid for me to take off of 9' drops.

kona%20coiler%2007.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27-inch 2020 iMac; 3.8GHz 8-core Intel Core i7 processor; 32GB RAM; Radeon Pro 5500 XT; 2 TB SSD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini | Intel Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 240 GB SSD | Dell 27" LCD | OS X 10.10.x
I used to own a GT Outpost (which was nice), but this past spring I upgraded to a red Trek 4500 that I bought at a nearby store when they had a sale (and I sold the GT). I've been wanting a bike like that for a long time -- it has cool things like shocks in the front and disc brakes. It also has 27 speeds. Rides real nice and smooth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I think more speeds/gears are WAY overrated! I've been working on trimming down the drive bolts so that I can go down to a 2x8 or 1x8 speed instead of 3x8. There is literally no need for such specific speed ratios, especially when the ratios are actually equal to another gear selection. IMO, 9-18 gear points are the most you need, and will also ensure longevity of everything on your bike.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I wish they would make a road bike thats belt driven with a 6 or 7 speed hub.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
can't you get a belt cog for a Rohloff?

Reaction score
Specialized Epic Comp Pro for me. Went looking at a different brand, but got this for a song in '07. Virtually unridden test bike. I'd been dealing with the shop for years, so my buddy made me a whale of a deal. Had it for 4 years now and it rides just as well as it did new. Great suspension. A few dings added since the pic, but still love the bike. Just need a few mountains around northern Indiana!

epic2.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I used to own a GT Outpost (which was nice), but this past spring I upgraded to a red Trek 4500 that I bought at a nearby store when they had a sale (and I sold the GT). I've been wanting a bike like that for a long time -- it has cool things like shocks in the front and disc brakes. It also has 27 speeds. Rides real nice and smooth.
There's a nice GT Outpost in the background if you look at my previous pics:)

I wish they would make a road bike thats belt driven with a 6 or 7 speed hub.

can't you get a belt cog for a Rohloff?
I don't know of any belted multi speed setups aside from belted cvt type setups.

I would love to see someone on here with a Giant Anthem/Trance, Trek Fuel, or GT Force/Sensor. I like(love) this bikes! One of those is going to be my next bike!

Specialized Epic Comp Pro for me. Went looking at a different brand, but got this for a song in '07. Virtually unridden test bike. I'd been dealing with the shop for years, so my buddy made me a whale of a deal. Had it for 4 years now and it rides just as well as it did new. Great suspension. A few dings added since the pic, but still love the bike. Just need a few mountains around northern Indiana!

epic2.jpg
Nice bike!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram
I just picked me up a 2005 Specialized Rockhopper comp The LBS guy says I stole it for the $180 I payed for it.

Stock except for a saddle that does not hurt my over sized butt :)

05RockhopperCmp_Blue_l.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I do about 4 miles minimum a day on a pretty standard thin framed mountain bike.

Nothing special, since its a commute bike and they often get stolen.

Am also doing up an off road bike at the moment and plan to take that into the woods. I'm not a gym person or particularly sporty so its the only thing keeping me fit.

I have noticed a lot more bikes on the road in the last 10 years or so, especially on the commute, and to be honest its quicker to the station than a car in morning traffic and you don't have to pay exorbitant parking fees

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini | Intel Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 240 GB SSD | Dell 27" LCD | OS X 10.10.x
There's a nice GT Outpost in the background if you look at my previous pics:)

Ah yes, I see it! Yeah, my GT was the first bike I ever owned that I bought myself and could say I was proud of. The only other bike I had before that was a ten-speed that I inherited from my brother. I mean, I'm sure it was nice in its day when it was new, but you get a better feeling when you can get your own.

I've commuted to work maybe once or twice on my GT. Mainly I just use my bikes for getting some exercise on the weekends.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 3,06GHz, 4GB ram, 500GB, Gforce 8800, Macbook 13", 2,0GHz, 2GB ram, 160GB, Gforce 9400
Being a life long Scott fan I recently got my hand on a new Scale 80 and I'm very much impressed by its performance. The biggest plus are the disc brakes so now I don't have to worry for the brakes to fail me (my weight has some fault for this).

I mostly use it for economic transportation when I have the time and weather allows it. Recreation will commence next weeks now that the exams are over :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8GHz, 4GB RAM 15" MBP (Late 2008)
I have really gotten into biking for recreation this summer. So far I'm at 123 miles on my brand new Trek 1.5 - it's a fantastic bike.

trek-1.5.png

Reaction score
A little of a bike crazy here... :)

Riding a Kona Unit in town for commuting with slicks and 42/17 rings on it.

Road and touring bike is a Kona Jake the snake. Fantastic sturdy one. Light enough to go fast and solid to carry some weight on touring trips.

Mountain biking as real passion on a Santa Cruz Superlight. Man, do I love this bike!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I'm just going to say this once. Anyone can post advertised pics. Post some real pics!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I may have to go see what the trade in on 7300 towards a 1.5 just looked at the website
and think this might be my next bike purchase.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.