Which screen??

Reaction score
I am looking at the MacBook Pro. Which screen is the best, Glossy or Anti-Glare?? I know..I know it should be personal preference, but, what is the popular one and why?
Thanks
p.s. I am new to Mac's, like this will be my first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
why don't you hop on down to an apple store (or best buy, or any electronic store with macs) and give them a go yourself, and see which you like better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz C2D MBP & 16GB White 3G iPhone
I agree with ki99 to visit your local Apple Store and take a look.

I personally went with the matte look although I initially thought the glossy would be better. However after looking first-hand at how the glossy reflected the light, I went with the matte. Considering I spend the majority of my time with my Mac either in a bright classroom or coffeehouse, it was a better fit for me.

But do check it out yourself before making a decision. Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
I had a glossy on my old MacBook, didn't mind it that much. Picked up a MacBook Pro at Best Buy (no Apple stores near by) with out even thinking about it realized I bought a matte screen about a day later. Actually like the matte screen overall much more then the glossy.

But as mentioned above its all about personal preference.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Glossy if you watch movies a lot or to just show off. Matte if you do motion graphics/design work. Glare is not your friend in these fields.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.