Which Microsoft Office do you prefer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
I have office 2004 and I don't like it. When I heard 2008 was coming out I was hoping that it would be like the Windoze version that I use all day everyday at work. I find that when home I have to use Windoze so I can use office as there are too many differences I don't need to learn them. I need to be able to just send stuff home from work and open it and work on it and then send it back to work.
I haven't had a chance to look at 2008 as yet other than read in a review but from what I read its only a little closer to being what I want.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have office 2004 and I don't like it. When I heard 2008 was coming out I was hoping that it would be like the Windoze version that I use all day everyday at work. I find that when home I have to use Windoze so I can use office as there are too many differences I don't need to learn them. I need to be able to just send stuff home from work and open it and work on it and then send it back to work.
I haven't had a chance to look at 2008 as yet other than read in a review but from what I read its only a little closer to being what I want.

I felt exactly the same way. This is one of the reasons I like NeoOffice better. It actually looks and feels more like Office 2003.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Guess I'll have to try Neo Office then

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, M1 MacBooks
I was a long time Office XP user on a PC before getting this iMac last Thanksgiving. I use Excel and Word primarily. When Office 2008 came out for the Mac, I bought it and it has been a seamless transition. I never used any macros so I don't miss them at all.

nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
I ran out and purchased Office 2008. Reflecting back, I have seen no reason to do so. I use my old PB G4 for work purposes, find Office 2008 loads slowly. I use Pages, in a PC dominated environment, and have not had any issues with compatibility.

I think the answer to your question is what are your needs. If you need all the features of Office, or are concerned that you need total compatibility, then either stick with Office 2004, for a least a while. If you don't have any Office version, check out NeoOffice & Iwork has a 30-day trial. If you don't like either one, then get Office 2008.

Office 2008 is a bit of money, and you might find it sitting on your Hard-Drive not being used much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD. 16 GB Wi-Fi iPad, 16 GB iPhone 3GS.
I am also for using NeoOffice. It's great for taking notes during lectures and writing papers on (which is pretty much all I do as a University student).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.6GHz i5 8GB RAM 1TB HDD OSX Yosemite
technologist,
How do I go about getting a free up-grade of my MS Office 2004?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.6GHz i5 8GB RAM 1TB HDD OSX Yosemite
Thanks technologist... I have been pondering buying it but was hesitating because of the price. Never new anything about a free up-grade. It cost me $10.70 for shipping. That's a good deal. Thanks again...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.