Which is the best Imac 27" to buy for me?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

First, let me explain why I need to buy an Imac.
I'm a designer, packaging, logotype, CI/Bi, and I work mostly on Illustrator and Photoshop.
I also need sometimes to retouch some graphics or photos, and my PSD file can reach 1 to 1.5 Giga.
I need to get good resolution on working on logotypes with 6400% zooming on illustrator, because, I often capture some fonts that I outline, but I need to retouch each letter after, and in a near future, I might do some webdesign with Dreamweaver.
I went on Apple store, and I really wonder between those 2 basic options, which one do I have to choose first, see the picture attach.

Then, after you recommand one option, do I need to upgrade the memory?, or the radeon card?, or both?, or something else?
I know how to use Apple, but I'm a total loser about what specifications to choose.

So, thank U in advance for your answers,

Stay safe,
Guillaume

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 7.12.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 7.12.26 PM.png
    149.6 KB · Views: 26

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
A warm welcome to Mac-Forums. Thank you for your post.

Personal opinion here:

1. You need far more than 8GB of RAM. I would say minimum of 16GB - I would go for 32GB (which I did, see my specs). If it's a 27" iMac, then you can purchase this separately.

2. Go for best Processor you can afford.

3. 512GB for storage is small - BUT - you can overcome this by having a top quality External Hard Drive (EHD), 2-4TB with rapid transfer speeds to take most of your work (and more EHDs for the crucial backups you will need).

That's for starters, but hold on because others may have alternative suggestions.

Ian

OP
guillc73
Reaction score
He
A warm welcome to Mac-Forums. Thank you for your post.

Personal opinion here:

1. You need far more than 8GB of RAM. I would say minimum of 16GB - I would go for 32GB (which I did, see my specs). If it's a 27" iMac, then you can purchase this separately.

2. Go for best Processor you can afford.

3. 512GB for storage is small - BUT - you can overcome this by having a top quality External Hard Drive (EHD), 2-4TB with rapid transfer speeds to take most of your work (and more EHDs for the crucial backups you will need).

That's for starters, but hold on because others may have alternative suggestions.

Ian

Thanks a lot for your answer ^^

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.