• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Which Apple Logo Do You Prefer?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I actually always liked the Grey or Blue one better than any of the above. I wish they had stuck with the original logo though...

Apple_first_logo.png

Forgot about that one. Thanks Baggss for posting it.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I actually always liked the Grey or Blue one better than any of the above. I wish they had stuck with the original logo though...

Apple_first_logo.png
Have never seen that one . . . would make a pretty good tee-shirt design.
Thanks for sharing. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Got facts to back that up? Last I checked, this was asking an opinion...
It's obviously my opinion. There's no way you can say something is ugly or beautiful and put it in the record books.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, MacMini, iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPad 2, AppleTV Original and a beloved Apple //e
I look at the rainbow one and I am instantly transported back in time to my early 80's childhood learning to type on my parents brand spankin' new Apple //e. :)

The current logo is, well, "current", in design and appeal to the modern market. The old one was current then, and had visual appeal in it's day. Is one "better" than the other? No, not really. Each is simply a snapshot in time of it's era.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
I look at the rainbow one and I am instantly transported back in time to my early 80's childhood learning to type on my parents brand spankin' new Apple //e. :)

The current logo is, well, "current", in design and appeal to the modern market. The old one was current then, and had visual appeal in it's day. Is one "better" than the other? No, not really. Each is simply a snapshot in time of it's era.
I never really thought about it that way.

- Good point

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I do like the white logo, but that Rainbow one brings back memories of my niece who lived with us coming into my room at 3 and pointing at that rainbow logo and going, Apple uncle Dennis, Apple! I will never forgot that. It was my first Mac Plus.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Have never seen that one . . . would make a pretty good tee-shirt design.
Thanks for sharing. :)

That's the one that, IIRC, the "3rd Apple cofounder" drew up when they first started. There's a thread about him around here somewhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3GS Black, Macbook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I love the classic white Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.