• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Where?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Suburbs of Kansas City, in Kansas. Approximate middle of the USA.

Mac-Forums is my second home though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Born and raised in Southern California, USA :D

Reaction score
While the member tag says it, I'm 15 miles (22 km) west of Washington, DC, and - more importantly - near 3 (three!) Apple stores. :mac:

I'm out that general direction frequently, mathogre ... around where I-66 and Rt50 intersect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Barrie Ontario Canada

I went to Barrie Ontario on vacation a couple years back. Great place, I had a great time.

Oh, I'm from Rockford, IL,USA.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 17" 1.67 gHz, 2GB RAM 60GB ipod Video,iPod Shuffle, MacPro 2.33 5GB RAM,1.5TB 2x20" :o)
ESSEX!:bushman: UK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 4 MB Cache, 1 GB RAM, 120 GB Hard Drive, SuperDrive
Am I the only Scottish one here?

Someone prove me wrong!

Dundee born and bred (teen pregnancy capital of the developed world!)

Now living in Edinburgh.

Reaction score
There are a few Scots here abigirldaisies....I'm from Glasgow but live in Tasmania Australia.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
... are we all from?

Myself, Penrith NSW Australia.

Looks like most here are Yanks..Opps sorry kiddies I mean North Americans with a dash of Brits.

Just interested in know how far Mac-Forums are read around the world:headphone

Hi,

Another Aussie here. Me. Haha. I'm from Brisbane. (Or Brisvegas as we locals like to call it sometimes).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I'm out that general direction frequently, mathogre ... around where I-66 and Rt50 intersect.
^_^

I knew you were local (though most folks around here consider MD and VA to be foreign countries to each other). I work in the Tysons area and live around where I-66 and Rt. 123 meet.

Reaction score
I knew you were local (though most folks around here consider MD and VA to be foreign countries to each other). I work in the Tysons area and live around where I-66 and Rt. 123 meet.

Sounds like we need a Greater Washington Capitol Region Mac-Forum Members Association Meeting. Or something like that.

In the meantime, I'll keep my eyes peeled for a girl with cranberries in her hair when I'm at the Apple Store at Tyson's. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Actually I look nothing like my avatar (most times anyway). My profile pic however is pretty accurate, beard and all. I'll actually be going to the store after work today for a free ProCare session.

A Greater Washington Capitol Region Mac-Forum Members Association Meeting would be fine! GWCRM-FMAM. Okay, first on the agenda would be, well, food and beverage. Second would be the name. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Down here in cold Palm Beach Florida we are the ones who screwed up the presedential election due to some hanging chads in 2000. 59 degrees F today. Brrrrrr, gonna have to break out the sweatshirts. Although it was 82 degrees yesterday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
60° is t-shirt and shorts weather.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Whaaaaat? :eek: Thats cold for us down here. Jeans and hoodie for me.(sarcasm) Our blood is thinner down here (sarcasm)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I would love if it was 60° here. Its currently 8° according to my dashboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well Ill trade you for a few days. I'm 27 and still havent seen snow. It snowed here in 1978 the year before I was born. I have been to NY 5 times but every time it was in the fall or summer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
Well Ill trade you for a few days. I'm 27 and still havent seen snow. It snowed here in 1978 the year before I was born. I have been to NY 5 times but every time it was in the fall or summer.

We have plenty up here in NW Indiana. We just got about 17 inches on tuesday. The wind was blowing pretty hard all day so you can see the grass in some places and there's 3-4 ft. drifts other places.

In response to the original question: Ohio and Indiana, depending on the time of year.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.