where to find a hidden file?

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to delete a copy protection file of an audio plugin I used to have on my computer (OS 10.5.8), but I have no idea where to find it.
I've erased all the component, library presets, etc. but some of my application give me an error message now.

I was told there was a hidden copy protection file on the root drive which was probably the source of the problem but no more indications...
I've made all the hidden files visible but where to go from now?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
If you know the name of it, there is spotlight to try out.

This is a situation that AppTrap would come in handy, as when you drop something into the trash, all associated files and folders get trashed as well ...

Cheers

OP
F
Reaction score
I don't know the name unfortunately...

I'll definitely try that app in the future.

And it's the plugin waldorf edition if that's of any help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Well if it was me i would reinstall the plug-in then trash it again with

AppTrap or
AppCleaner

AppTrap is a app that sits in the System Preferences and all you do is drag to trash and then it asks if you want to trash the associated files/folders that belong to it.
AppCleaner works the same way but you have to drag to the app itself.
I have AppCleaner sitting in my dock so i dont have to navigate to it, and as i said the other sits out of site and un-obtrusive in System Preferences.

Apart from that mate i cant help anymore to find it :(

EDIT : and googling around i cant seem to find if it has a uninstaller.

Cheers

OP
F
Reaction score
I tried to re-install but didn't work...

anyway, thanks for your help mate

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
:( ok
Sorry i couldnt help anymore but give it time and people in here might come up with a answer for you ..
Good luck :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.