where to buy new Macbook Pro 13.3 front glass

Reaction score
hi guys i need some advices

i broke my laptop front glass macbook pro 13.3 (2011 Early) and i want to change it i have seen some good deals from ebay and amazon with an interesting prices and good reviews but the thing is why in the places like powerbookmedic, ifixit, macsales ... the prices are much more than ebay and amazon, as we all know the apple doesn't sell the front glass separately and there is no 100% new apple genuine part for this.

is it worth it to pay 49$ to buy the front glass from them or just buy it from ebay and amazon?

thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
...i have seen some good deals from ebay and amazon with an interesting prices and good reviews but the thing is why in the places like powerbookmedic, ifixit, macsales ... the prices are much more than ebay and amazon...

is it worth it to pay 49$ to buy the front glass from them or just buy it from ebay and amazon?

Prices for just about anything vary depending where you purchase them. If the glass sold on eBay or Amazon is what you need...is compatible…and the price is lower…buy it.:)

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
thanks for reply, the problem is there is no info to know what is the real difference between them they just said front glass blah blah .... no specific info about product which make the different prices, it is because of material or what? it has the better visuality or the glass is more pure or more clarity .... nothing

so you say there is no much difference between them and amazon, ebay products?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
The way I see it is, Powerbook Medic and ifixit, both know about the parts they are selling and the information about those parts. They know the parts are not going to move quickly. Amazon and ebay are competing with a lot of other sellers, so they have to have comparable pricing. But, that puts more of the research on the buyer, who has to know exacts part numbers so they will get the right part. I have ordered a few things off obey that were wrong numbers and didn't fit the machine I got them for.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
so you say there is no much difference between them and amazon, ebay products?

Just about any part sold on Powerbook medic, OWC, or iFixit…can also be found on amazon or ebay. It's up to the buyer to figure out what the differences are (if there are any).

- The parts could be exactly the same (from the same exact supplier)…or each website may be sourcing the parts from different places.
- Some places have larger profit margins than others.
- Some places have higher operating costs…and thus need to charge higher prices.

Also…how much price difference are we talking...$49 compared to what?

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
Just about any part sold on Powerbook medic, OWC, or iFixit…can also be found on amazon or ebay. It's up to the buyer to figure out what the differences are (if there are any).

- The parts could be exactly the same (from the same exact supplier)…or each website may be sourcing the parts from different places.
- Some places have larger profit margins than others.
- Some places have higher operating costs…and thus need to charge higher prices.

Also…how much price difference are we talking...$49 compared to what?

- Nick

yea right, understood .

thanks for advice

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.