• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Where should the next Canadian Apple Store be built?

OP
iWish
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2010 13", iPod Touch 4th gen., AirPort Extreme, Mini G4, iPod 30GB w/video
Apple Store is coming in to calgary in the chinook expansion...
Oh man, iWish!!! I thought Chinook was expanded only a few years ago; they're doing it again? When? And WHERE??? (Aren't they out of room already, unless they add an upper floor?) Please tell me you aren't joking. What source(s) do you have for this?

Reaction score
You beat me to it, iWish. It did expand a few years ago. As you say, where would it expand to? Across the back street by tearing down the houses?

Maybe it could go up, but it's not the most modern shopping centre on the planet. Much of it looks and is outdated (but I haven't seen it for five or six years).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Oh man, iWish!!! I thought Chinook was expanded only a few years ago; they're doing it again? When? And WHERE??? (Aren't they out of room already, unless they add an upper floor?) Please tell me you aren't joking. What source(s) do you have for this?
Yup. They're adding another wing, and I've heard Apple want's to be in it. They haven't started yet, but they're going to soon.

Wikipedia said:
Expansion plans

Currently pending approval is a major 180,000 square foot expansion to the mall's northeast side. The plan includes two underground parking garages, two floors of retail space, and between 60 and 80 higher-end stores. A valet parking service is also planned. Work is expected to begin in January, 2008, for a summer 2010 completion. It is widely anticipated that Restoration Hardware, Crate & Barrel and Pottery Barn Kids will anchor this new wing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz MacBook
Would love to see one in Vancouver! :)

Reaction score
i can tell you this, this is from my GM of a major shopping center in Calgary. There are talks with Apple to have them move into 1 or 2 shopping centers. Whether it will happen is the next question. But if it does come true, you will most likely find it in 2 major shopping centers, one in NW and one in the NE managed by the same company - go figure which those 2 shopping centers are ;)

And rumor since last year, Apple have plans to move into one of the shopping center and they even posted jobs in monster.com but it was pulled down. People speculate that Apple/property management wants them in the expansion area... so we will see if it will come true :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.