where are videos saved when Clipped in the files app.

vwt

Reaction score

where are videos saved when Clipped in the files app​

I am in the files app on my ipad gen 6. under locations i have a SD card containing videos. I select one video and long press. this gives me the option -QUICK ACTIONS then TRIM. I trim and I and press DONE-SAVE AS NEW CLIP. My question is where is the new clip saved to, its not in Photos or saved to the SD card and i cant find it although it has saved it somewhere ?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Firstly, a warm welcome to Mac-Forums. Thank you for your post.

Quote: The clip is saved to a Clips album in your library. Note: Clips copied to your library are saved without filters or graphics. To save a clip or photo with items you've added, see Save video with effects.

Taken from:

See if that helps.

If not, this may help:

Ian

OP
V

vwt

Reaction score
Hi Ian. Thank you for your input and warm welcome. I have looked as you suggested but the clips in question are not there. What I am trying to do is edit the 3gb video clips from my drone before saving them on the ipad so saving space. I am viewing them while they are still on the sd card but showing on the ipad ready to import. As I said i can long press-edit and save ,but where to. The spinning busy icon shows as it save but I cant where.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.