When do files downloaded from Net end up in the Download folder rather then the "Save to ,,," folder?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
AFAIK, the "Download" folder is just a normal folder, it's not handled differently by the Mac than any other folder.

It's a "normal folder" except that it has a customized download Arrow design on its cover that helps keep it differentiated even if it is awfully faint.
I think the Apple design Department could have done a lot better on it and many other customized images they put on some folders. Most look like gravestone markers with a well-weathered worn-out design on them and viewed through some thick fog.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Why not just drag the files that are in the “undesired” location to the “desired” location and when you get the prompt about the file(s) already being there, either tell it to replace or skip so you can investigate further?

OP
krs

krs

Reaction score
Why not just drag the files that are in the “undesired” location to the “desired” location and when you get the prompt about the file(s) already being there, either tell it to replace or skip so you can investigate further?
That is exactly what I said I will do (per post #5); just have not had time yet to do that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
That is exactly what I said I will do (per post #5); just have not had time yet to do that.
Whoops. My bad. That's what I get for browsing while sitting at a bar. 🍻

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.