What’s the best Cursor app for screen casts etc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini. July 2012
I’m talking about the apps that can change your cursor to an arrow, or circle and so on for when you are presenting something and need to easily see where your cursor is, and what you are trying to emphasise.
I’ve purchased two so far, but both are a bit iffy, and not exactly what I want. So I’m reluctant to keep spending money for apps that in one case simply didn’t work! It was a 32 bit version, and just wouldn’t work any more.
So... any ideas anyone?
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
For your purposes does the cursor need to change shape...or would increased cursor size & change cursor color work? If so...this can already be done with the macOS with no additional apps.:)

- Nick

OP
rachalmers
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini. July 2012
For your purposes does the cursor need to change shape...or would increased cursor size & change cursor color work? If so...this can already be done with the macOS with no additional apps.:)

- Nick

No, I need it to change shape. And colour etc. I know about the accessibility options.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Ok good deal.:)

- Nick

p.s. Also correction...I just double checked...and the macOS only allows for changes in cursor size...not cursor color.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try "Magic Trail - Mouse Effects" currently advertised in the Mac App Store. Not sure if that will meet your needs as other cursor apps are all 32 bit and no longer available.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Have a look here:
Mac apps found for mouse pointer | MacUpdate

and here:
iCursor : MacUpdate

And also check the "Similar Software" options when checking out each app.

Sorry, but looking at the date, my guess is some are probably 32-bit, but not really sure.

But at least they give you a chance to try before you buy!!!

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.