• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

What would you like for 2007?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
Just wondering what kind of upgrades you guys would like to see to Macbooks by the end of 07...

I know I'd like, in no particular order:

Santa Rosa
Up-to-date GPU
LED display

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
Yeah I'd say the same for the MacBook Pro:

Updated processor
Faster graphics card
Maybe higher resolution LED display
A slot for the Apple remote

Hopefully before September when I buy fro Uni :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
when i first got my mbp, i thought the expresscard 34 slot was for the remote too.

wouldnt that be a good idea!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook with Leopard! YAY!
Well this isnt really macbooks in particular but how bout ilife 07?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
when i first got my mbp, i thought the expresscard 34 slot was for the remote too.

wouldnt that be a good idea!

They have a remote you can buy for the express card slot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
this is way off topic! but I want to see a touch screen ipod in 07.

M

MacHeadCase

I'd like the winning lottery ticket so I could buy 20 more Macs if I wanted to. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Hopefully, by the end of 2007 I'll have my own room so I can buy an iMac...and maybe by then they'll get a nice redesign (although I really like the current one) and will come with leopard! ;)

Reaction score
Simply another mac! I just got one last month for my birthday... and will be buying an iMac or Mac Pro sometime soon. I plan on purchasing a macbook for my son for his 15th birthday(in July). : ) Ideally, I'd like to eliminate all my PC's in my house (I have one in my office, one in my son's room and a laptop that I haven't touched since transfering all my info to this wonderful computer). Anyway... I digress

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Camera iPods, touch screen iMacs and iPods, oh and did i mention iLife 07?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
All I want is a 12" MacBook Pro. I loved my old MacBook, but it was still a wee bit big for my tastes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I'd like to see new iMacs, quad core processors in the iMacs, a different company than Cingular to carry the iPhone, and that whole world peace thing too I guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh lets not forget iwork 07 too.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'd like to see Apple produce a line of desktops that are as upgradeable as a Mac Pro, but without the workstation-class hardware (more inline spec-wise with mainstream PCs).

I'd like a desktop Mac, but I want to have the ability to change out my video card and processor (if need be), or even just some expansion slots. Don't get me wrong, the iMac is a beautiful design, but is off-putting for those of us that like to tinker.

I've had a few co-workers sold on the Mac, but the mini is too low-end, the Mac Pro is too expensive and a lot of people are concerned that if the display goes out on the iMac, they can't easily replace it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iLife 07, iWork 07,and of course leopard!

Reaction score
I would love Apple to make better laptops as was the PB's. The reason for my concern is the couple of people I told to buy a Mac, bought MacBooks. Both returned them with problems, in fact one person returned it 4 times, they finally replaced the MacBook only to get another junker. I was embarrassed and won't recommend anyone to buy a Mac again until they get their act together. My 17in PB never had a problem in over 3 years of constant use.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'd like to see Apple produce a line of desktops that are as upgradeable as a Mac Pro, but without the workstation-class hardware (more inline spec-wise with mainstream PCs).

I'd like a desktop Mac, but I want to have the ability to change out my video card and processor (if need be), or even just some expansion slots. Don't get me wrong, the iMac is a beautiful design, but is off-putting for those of us that like to tinker.

I've had a few co-workers sold on the Mac, but the mini is too low-end, the Mac Pro is too expensive and a lot of people are concerned that if the display goes out on the iMac, they can't easily replace it.

Apparently I'm not the only one that feels this way....

Reaction score
I'd like Apple to put out a replacement card for my 802.11g card(core duo) so I can have 802.11n.

Then I 'd like Leopard with iLife 07 & iWork 07

Then I'll get a copy of Windose XP SP2 for the 2 programs I need it for - (one is my Bible research Library, which is a hefty one that I wouldn't risk Crossover for Mac on).

Then I'd like an Apple TV (edition 2) with a 250gb HDD. Then I'll invest in that new widescreen TV.

iPhone must wait 'til 08.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
I'd like to see a fuller line of Macs. Kaidomac's 12" MBP and the desktop cwa referred to would be terrific additions. I think they've pared down the options a bit too thinly!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.