• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What to do

Reaction score
Hello, several of us have been having a spirited debate in another thread, a moment ago I got an email from yahoo asking to activate an account that I DID NOT ask for, is there someone here that should be made aware, I wish I could get the thread locked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
hey Jake,

u might want to send a PM to one of the mods so that they can look into it if at all possible they are pretty helpful when it comes to this stuff :D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Good advice. Write a Mod and tell them exactly what happened.

M

MacHeadCase

Yeah and I dunno if staff agrees to this or not but me thinks that M$ kiddie should be banned as well. It's obvious what he came here for, keeping an account open for him is only asking for trouble.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Yeah and I dunno if staff agrees to this or not but me thinks that M$ kiddie should be banned as well. It's obvious what he came here for, keeping an account open for him is only asking for trouble.

At least a couple of users here have had their email accounts messed with since posting on his site. If that is true, he should be banned from MF on that alone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll third the Motion to Ban that guy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
That proves how immature he is. Banning is too mild, (but do it anyway) since he could create another user name but I do know that his site/domain could be taken down from a legal standpoint. ;)

OP
J
Reaction score
Hello, I have to apologize, it was my wife that opened the account, I hate it that I caused some alarm. That sort of the thing is first on my mind when I run into somebody like that. Once again I am sorry. On another note, Mac sucks says he has no space on his site for our comments, it seems amicable that he leave of his own accord. The fair thing is to ask him to go and if he doesn't then boot him. Mac-Rumors is likely to earn a spot on his page either way but we can try to treat him like an adult. Once again sorry for the mix up. --Jake

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

That is despicable!

Nice game of jump to conclusions here.......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
LMAO LMAO

Its all good Jake, so the ur wifey is messing with u, thats a good one man.

Thanks for the Laugh :D

OP
J
Reaction score
Not so much jump to conclusions as always on guard, I thought my first step should be to warn folks what might be going on and then look into what happened. And I did say I was sorry:(

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

That is despicable!

Nice game of jump to conclusions here.......

I said IF. He still should be banned as he signed up to promote his site and bash the community here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I'll 15,000th that request.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
Hello, I have to apologize, it was my wife that opened the account, I hate it that I caused some alarm. That sort of the thing is first on my mind when I run into somebody like that. Once again I am sorry. On another note, Mac sucks says he has no space on his site for our comments, it seems amicable that he leave of his own accord. The fair thing is to ask him to go and if he doesn't then boot him. Mac-Rumors is likely to earn a spot on his page either way but we can try to treat him like an adult. Once again sorry for the mix up. --Jake

"No space on his website for our comments" - oh my! That is the worst excuse ever, even a complete noob would know that is totally untrue LOL

What do you mean by "Mac-Rumors is likely to earn a spot on his page either way?" Do you mean this site? Do you know him? :eek:

OP
J
Reaction score
He says the reason he removes posts he doesn't like is because the space there is for posts he does like. We should observe the same standards where he is concerned. Many wonderful debates take place here. He would not even try to put on a real argument. What I mean by a place on his page is, he twists things and makes stuff up to say about people and things. We all ganged up and told him how far off he was. He probably went home to whine about it.

Tak

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch Macbook Pro dual core Duo 2/G4 server
I'm really sorry I opened that stupid thread in the first place, I just thought looking at the dumb guy would be some good laughs and people would move on.

I never wanted it to turn into an issue. To anyone who has been inconvenienced, "with the exception of the flame guy" I am abundantly sorry.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm really sorry I opened that stupid thread in the first place, I just thought looking at the dumb guy would be some good laughs and people would move on.

I never wanted it to turn into an issue. To anyone who has been inconvenienced, "with the exception of the flame guy" I am abundantly sorry.

No problem. It got my blood flowing for a few and gave me a few laughs. Glad the thread was closed though before it got any nasty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.