What to do with a new Mac?

OP
I

iLoki

MichaelMcKenzie said:
Logan,

You'll be having some great times doing stuff on your new Mac. If I might suggest some reading material - I would say purchase "The Missing Manual"
by David Pogue. This book has just about everything about OS X that you might ever need to know.

Mike

Hey thanks for the tip, but I think I'm sorted. This OS is incredible, everything is exactly where I would put it. I'm a programer so learning new systems is like a walk in the park for me. All I'm waiting for now is a universal binary of Photo Shop (I have tried Gimp but don't really like it.) I am just frustrated that I didn't make the switch sooner, I haven't used my PC since I unpacked this "Bad boy"

Thanks heaps for the software tips guys..

Thats all from me, May the "iForce" be with you.

Logan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Be sure to check out the sticky at the top of this thread for software advice as well.

Reaction score
iLoki said:
Hi all,

Sorry this post is basicly just to say hi!

I'm just all fuzzy and excited at the moment, I have just ordered (after 2 years of humming and haring) my first ever Mac. An iMac 20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo with 1GB Ram. :cool: And I should get it in 2-3 days time.

I don't know anyone that has a Mac, nor have I ever used a Mac so this was a blind purchase and is going to be a totally new experience.

Any suggestions of cool things I can do out of the box? - Apart from play with iLife.

Logan.

New user here too! Or soon to be! Will get the same unit as you in a few days! I'm so excited!!! --- okay, a bit nervous too since I don't know anybody else who has a mac--- buy YAAAAY! I'll prolly be the first one in our TOWN! No kidding! It's a small town... xD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.