What' s your favourite sound editor & why?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
What' s your favourite sound editor?

Hi guys & gals, I spent yesterday fooling around with Recycle, polishing a guitar loop I'd recorded. By the time I imported it into Ableton Live, it had cracks and pops in and wouldn't play at the correct speed.
Kind of annoying.
And then Audacity hobbled my sound for a while...
SOOoo.
What do people use out there, and why? I thought a thread on this might be useful for any budding muso's out there!

Reaction score
Personally i like Amadeus II. I have used it for well over a year doing recording and editing a 1 hour podcast and it has worked quite well for me doing everything i want to do. Amadeus Pro also works quite well, but there were a couple of things that didn't work for me personally, so i went back to the II version which works just great.

OP
Simbad54
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
I'll check it out. Seems to me Recycle is a bit too electronic for me. I'm basically recording my guitar and playing around with it.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Another vote for Amadeus II. Used it for maybe 2 years now and love it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.