What made you decide to buy a Macbook

Reaction score
What made you decide to get the Macbook? The sexy look? Ilife? Sick of Windows? The easiness of how everything works? Share your thoughts

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
wanted a mac notebook, macbook pro was out of my price range. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
There isn't a 12" MBP and I had issues with the 12" PowerBook G4. So here I am with a MacBook! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz C2D MacBook 2GB RAM 80GB HD
I just got tired of windows. I wanted to make the switch once Mac started switching to Intel. I wanted something small so I went with the MacBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Had just tried out Vista and didn't find it too impressive. Had always wanted a Mac since the Titanium Powerbook days, but the combination of not having that kind of money along with the software issues kept me from buying one sooner.

Once Apple switched to Intel and programs like Parallels and Boot Camp became available, along with the fact that I finally had the cash, I did a bunch of research and then whipped out my credit card and bought myself a Macbook.

Much like eric, the Macbook Pro was out of my price range. But once I tried it out, I liked the look and feel of the Macbook over that of the Macbook Pro. Plus, portability was a big factor since I wanted to take it to my classes on a daily basis.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
I have always wanted a mac, and when it came time to buy a new computer, vista came out. I tired out Vista for about 10 minutes.

I instantly decided I hated it lol I had experience with macs in high school and decided that was the way to go. And being able to bring my macbook to a store instead of shipping it out to get repaired appealred to me greatly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac aluminium. 500GB, 4GB, 2Ghz and whatever else is in there...
I had fancied a mac for ages, and when a buyer came along for my current laptop and I found someone doing a cracking deal on a refurbished MacBook that looked immaculate, I found myself wiring money to a stranger in Manchester... 3 days later, Jimmy was in front of me and it was love at first sight.

Reaction score
I just decided that Windows wasn't for me anymore. I'm not a gamer and the upkeep to keep the machine secure just seemed to be getting ridiculous. I basically work with pictures, a bit of video, browse the internet and do some simple document editting and creating, I'm not longer looking to have a desktop PC and wanted a nice, elegant laptop to suit my needs.

I've also worked a little with Vista and although there's nothing hugely I hate about it, it's advanced and smooth and elegant, it's just bloated and vulgar and the upkeep seems to have trebled, what with more spyware threats, blocking of this and that, updates updates and more updates, more threats blah blah and I felt it was time to make the switch. I've wanted a mac for years and so I figured I'd treat myself to one. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
we had been using ibooks in school, and i always admired OS X. when a teacher allowed me to use her macbook once for a PowerPoint project, i fell in love. The design, the speed, the screen...and the isight!
so yea i convinced my whole family to make the switch: i have one, my sister has one, my granfather has one, and we replaced our HP with an iMac.

Reaction score
Making music and performing live,, and i cant trust that windows wont crash on stage,, so now I got my first macbook :)

And the prices are down where everyone can afford one :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2GHtz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD. 16Gb iPT Jailbroken.
Had a laptop a while ago running ME, the hardware finally gave out, so i went looking for something new.

Ok Macs are a little more expensive, but as the software and harware are more reliable, was willing to pay the extra.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
For me it was a calculated risk to see if I could do everything I need to do computerwise on a Mac. My OS of choice was Linux, and my wife's is Windows. Various Linux distros had become annoying at best, and I discovered I was spending altogether too much time administering 3 dual boot home computers and not enough time using them. The MacBook represented an OS with the best of both worlds - GUI and Unix command line - as well as multimedia functionality that for all practical purposes is lacking in Linux. It also represented a viable entry level stand-alone machine. If it worked, great! If not, I wouldn't be happy but I also wouldn't be out a whole lot of money. Going with a refurb was the final deciding factor - money.

It's been four months and the experience has been quite good so far, but it hasn't been perfect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - Intel Duo 2
1) I was sick of .dll errors and blue screens of death
2) Honestly, they're just sexy
3) MBP is about $1000 out of my price range
4) I wouldn't be doing anything too complex on the machine

The one drawback, which doesn't always bother me, is the small screen...I was used to 15' on my sony

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB 2.6 Ghz, 4 GB ram
Couple of reasons I picked up a MB:

-I ran out of HD space on my 15" PB with both my wife and I using it.
-Size factor, I use a 18" MBP for work and wanted something smaller.
-The Black MB is a nice looking toy :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (black) 2.0 ghz CTD/2gb RAM. iPod Nano Gen 1 (4 GB)
My XP laptop got soaked (literally) and I knew I wanted a macbook to replace it with. For me the pro's are too big and the blackbook is just so irresistably beautiful. I got a sweet deal on a 2 GB RAM upgrade from the bookstore at the University of Utah so I went with it. I've honestly used a faster machine to date in my life. Granted my computer experience has been a bit limited thus far.

I'm thoroughly happy with my macbook with the exception of having the new 2.16 ghz processor and the larger harddrive come out roughly 1 week after I ponied up the cash for mine.

"a vida" I suppose!

SLC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
What made you decide to get the Macbook? The sexy look? Ilife? Sick of Windows? The easiness of how everything works? Share your thoughts

Great Looks
OSX
Sick to death of Windows - although I do still need to have access to Windows.
Ultra-portable (Light and small footprint)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.