What is the Max Voltage from headset output ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac -Monterey-12.6.7 27"Retina 5K, Late 2015, 3.2 GHz, i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, 250 GB SSD
As per the title. I am using it for a non musical reason. I need the max voltage with a 60 Hz or 50 Hz sound being played through a 6th generation iPod Touch ?

I measured 1.5 volts AC but I am guessing it may be higher. Not sure if I got it right with my Fluke 322 meter.

krs

Reaction score
Let me state up front that I have no information about the headset output specific to the 6th generation iPod Touch, but....
Any headset outputs are typically specified as having a nominal output of 0.8 to 1.0 Volts rms - no reason the iPod Touch output should be any different.
When you measure with any meter you will measure the open circuit output voltage, the 1.5 volts rms that you measure at 50/60 Hz is right where it should be.
The voltage you will actually get in practice depends on the output impedance of the iPod Touch and the input impedance of the load.
Maybe if you added a bit more information on what you are trying to do and why you are questioning your measurement would help to steer you in the right direction.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.