• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What is it? game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Oh, ok ok. Here:
20111213-regy6aqth3r1563gghtssh6nw1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Front grille/splitter of a car of some sort?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lamborghini Gallardo?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hehe, result! :D

I'm currently tucked up in bed with man flu, and am using my iPad so cropping isn't exactly the easiest, so if anyone else wants to post one - feel free! If one hasn't appeared by tomorrow morning, I'll stick one up then. (But don't feel like you'd be treading on my toes!)

EDIT: New page fail. :(

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If I have time later I will try to find something. That slide rule was great Razor as all the ones I have used have plastic ends also, so I was at a loss. I was almost going to say Tapemeasure like Nick did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
It is indeed (in fact same image I used). I have one exactly like this around the house somewhere. I used it my first two years of engineering school.

EDIT: Good article in your Link above BTW.

sliderule.jpg

A Pickett! I have one of those! :D

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
A Pickett! I have one of those! :D

My brother was more upscale; he had a bamboo Post Versalog. I was envious, but not envious enough to pay for one. ;)

EDIT: I've been trying to remember, but I think he paid $40 to $50 for it, which would be equivalent to $400 to $500 today since starting salaries for graduate engineers were around $4500 and $2500 would buy you a new car.

post1460.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.