What is a switcher hangout?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I said that Mac is short for Macintosh, it's not an acronym, so there's no need to capitalise it.
Then I shall call it "mac" from now on since there's no need to capitalize it.

Literal? Perhaps but if you don't spell it out (pun most certainly intended - who doesn't love a good one?) then it doesn't make sense. Saying "It's Mac, not MAC. There's no need to capitalize it" makes it look like you have no idea what the word capitalize means.

Do I care? No, the wink before should make that clear. However, if you feel the need to correct someone, you may want to make sure that your corrections can't be easily picked apart.

C

chas_m

Everything anyone writes can be picked apart by someone with the inability to understand context.

For example, you didn't make your wink clear. I could still read it, which means it was still black-coloured. Had it been clear, I wouldn't have been able to see it. :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Everything anyone writes can be picked apart by someone with the inability to understand context.

For example, you didn't make your wink clear. I could still read it, which means it was still black-coloured. Had it been clear, I wouldn't have been able to see it. :)

Hahahaha! A Black wink! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" rMBP Mid-2014 ~ iPad 4 16GB ~ iPhone 6 Plus 16GB
...or a Switcher Hangout may be a place to get ring-side seats! ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.