• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

What I'd like to see in the iMac...

Reaction score
#1, a black iMac. White gadgets are dated. When the Xbox 360 shipped, white was already losing ground. Why do you suppose the Xbox 360 Elite coming this month or next is black? :)

#2, better USB and Firewire port placement. It's nice to have those ports in the back, but the iMac should have some on the side so they're more easily accessible. Or possibly in the front, though I know Apple likes to keep things looking clean and modern, which is good. But having ports only on the back is ridiculous. Just to plug in a USB flash drive, you have to go around to the back of the iMac to plug it in, unless you've gotten used to the machine and can just feel around for the port.

Maybe in June we'll see an updated iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
I agree with better USB and Firewire port placement. In my case, I needed my glasses and a flash light to see the serial number, while on the phone. I was not happy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
#1, a black iMac. White gadgets are dated. When the Xbox 360 shipped, white was already losing ground. Why do you suppose the Xbox 360 Elite coming this month or next is black? :)

I am not sure why the Xbox will be black. I guess everyone has their own opinion but I really like my white iMac. :alien:

OP
C
Reaction score
I am not sure why the Xbox will be black. I guess everyone has their own opinion but I really like my white iMac. :alien:

Why will the new Xbox 360 be black? Because, it's gadget "fashion" trends. Black is back. Black Macbook, black cell phones, black iPod, black laptops, other black MP3 players. There was also a brief blue/silver trend in gadgets, but that died quickly.

Makes me wonder what the next color trend will be...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Hate to be picky but white/black are not colours ... lol

One is the abscence of colour and the other is the combination of all colours....;)

Reaction score
Cheers MaDDoG ... just remembered something I was told at school about them not being real colours ....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Cheers MaDDoG ... just remembered something I was told at school about them not being real colours ....

What?!?! I'll make sure not to say that when I'm a teacher.

How odd.

Reaction score
What?!?! I'll make sure not to say that when I'm a teacher.

How odd.

Don't even go there Netty ... a lot has changed in the world of education since I went to school .... ask kids what an abacus is and the stares you get from them .....

As MaDDoG pointed out .. the true explanation ...

1.) Technically speaking, white is not a colour at all, but rather the combination of all the colors of the visible light spectrum.

2.) Scientifically black is not a hue (colour); a black object absorbs all the colors of the visible spectrum and reflects none of them, this is sometimes confused with black being called 'a mixture of all colours' but that is not the case. Sometimes black is described as an "achromatic colour"; in practice black can be considered a colour, e.g., the black cat or black paint.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I agree with better USB and Firewire port placement. In my case, I needed my glasses and a flash light to see the serial number, while on the phone. I was not happy.
Just for future reference, you can get your serial number by going to "About this Mac" from the Apple menu, and then selecting "More Info". The serial number is listed on the Hardware Overview screen. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Don't even go there Netty ... a lot has changed in the world of education since I went to school .... ask kids what an abacus is and the stares you get from them .....

As MaDDoG pointed out .. the true explanation ...

1.) Technically speaking, white is not a colour at all, but rather the combination of all the colors of the visible light spectrum.

2.) Scientifically black is not a hue (colour); a black object absorbs all the colors of the visible spectrum and reflects none of them, this is sometimes confused with black being called 'a mixture of all colours' but that is not the case. Sometimes black is described as an "achromatic colour"; in practice black can be considered a colour, e.g., the black cat or black paint.

It just sounds mean to say they are not real colors. ;)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Just for future reference, you can get your serial number by going to "About this Mac" from the Apple menu, and then selecting "More Info". The serial number is listed on the Hardware Overview screen. :black:

Good one DB as always. I bet a lot of people do not know that one. I found it there looking around OSX back in the Panther days. The Boot ROM version is there also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i definatly agree with different place ment of ports. maybe a few more usb ports on the side ?

i prefer white. - apple = white.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD
I would buy a black or silver iMac.

For some reason a lot of white macs look very dirty in some stores (mostly due to staff never cleaning them and people putting their fingers all over them).

If it was possible it would also be cool if they shortened the bottom of the bevel/screen.

Reaction score
What I would like in an imac

I like the white imacs but I would like to see a shorter "chin" at the bottom. That strip is much too wide and takes away from the screen and makes the actual screen much too high for bifocals.
I think there should also be an eject button for CD's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.