• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What have you been playing lately?

OP
eric

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
picked up [PROTOTYPE] for the PS3 a couple days ago.

i am very impressed with this game, plays a bit like a spiderman game in terms of the freedom of movement in a large city. you get to jump and glide from place to place, and no drop, no matter how high can kill you - as a matter of fact, dropping from very high places results in an amazingly satisfying impact that can result in nearby cars and people being bounced up off of the rippling pavement.
the sense of power in the main character is fantastic, body weaponry is nicely rendered and there are a nice variety of upgrades and combos. the mechanic of consuming others for thier memories, skills, health and physical apperance is also really nice - if a bit brutal.

technically, the game is solid, i see very little pop up, there are an amazing number of people and cars on the streets at any given time with no slow down. models for people and cars could be a bit more varied, but it's not too annoying. sounds and the soundtrack are very nice, as is the voice acting. the whole game has a nice dark feel to it. there is some of the standard collection mechanic, though the collectables give you hints or experience, and it doesn't take you too far out of the game.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
Thanks for the review eric. I've been looking into the game because I keep hearing really good things about it from friends. I try not to go by critic reviews too much.
The next game I'm going to pick up is either going to be Prototype or inFamous. Maybe both, if I can plan my finances right.

OP
eric

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i asked one of the guys at a used store here about the two games, and they said both prototype and infamous were good, but the guy said if he could only buy one, he'd go with prototype. POTM also gave it a good review.
i'm definitely considering infamous too, but when i saw target had prototype for only 50 bucks rather than 60, it helped make up my mind for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Playing Fallout 3 when I'm not programming, playing it for the pc so got a ton of mods such as one called RTS, which allows you to create and run/manage your own town.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I picked up another copy of Rainbow Six: Vegas the other day. I was nickin' to play it so I scored a used copy for $15.

This game rocks, as do most of the R6/Ghost Recon series games.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.8GHZ, 4GB DDR3
I've been rocking Red Alert 3 and Sims 3 on the MBP.

MLB 09 the show on PS3

and Forza 2 on 360.

And i still rock tetris on my Gameboy Advance SP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
been playing minigolf online and Im thinking of pulling out my N64 and playing some south park

T

todd51

I picked up Bionic Commando and Metal Gear Solid 4 for the PS3 last week. MGS4 was only $30 brand new and BC was only $20 brand new. BC hasn't been selling really well so I figured it would be a fun game worth the twenty bucks.

My big complaint for BC was the lack of freedom, because it wants you to believe you have a lot of it; being able to swing everywhere. However a lot of times you'll run into a "radiated" area which will kill you. I would have been much happier if they would have just put up an invisible wall to show you the game boundaries. My point for that is because you can't save at any point in the game, you have to get to a checkpoint. Other than that it is pretty fun, a lot of trophies to go and collect also. I still think it was worth the $20 and I haven't even played online yet. I think the multiplayer LAN would be fun though :)

MGS4 is just plain great. I wanted the price to drop before I picked it up since I just got my PS3 this past January. It's a fantastic game and I recommend it to anyone out there.

Other than those and the occasional beat-down in Socom Confrontation, that's what I've been playing lately.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
yeah MGS4 is the best game I have ever played hints why I choose this username. But It cost to much to get my PS3 fixed so Im thinking of just buying a new one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I've been playing Rainbow Six Vegas, BF: Bad Company, and Fallout 3 lately.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" Unibody
I tried the demo of r6 vegas on my 360 and my first impression was that it was a very high-tech game but also difficult to learn.

i am not sure about bad company. looks like a good game

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Vegas is a tactical/strategic shooter. Play it more and it becomes natural.

Bad Co is just plain awesome. Who needs a door when you can make your own? The sounds/textures/destructive environments are awesome.

I beat it on Hard in about 2-3 days of occasional playing. I mostly play online now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.13Ghz 160GB 10.6.4 (Buggy Version :() Snow Leopard
TimeSplitters Future Perfect like I have been since 2005.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have been all work and no games lately. Mainly because my PS3 is broken so I took it apart today since the warranty is already up anyways. Opened it up cleaned out the dust and cleaned the lens on the Bluray drive. Then I left for a moment to take a break before putting it back together. I come back into the room where my Dad was trying to put it back together. He was tilting it upside down since he dropped a screw in it. Next thing you know the CD drives falls out of the machine and that metallic cord broke. Not sure if any of you have taken apart a PS3 or a PS2 but once they are taken off its impossible to get them back on. So now I have no choice but to just buy a new one really.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
That really sucks man..

I got a $35 trade-in credit for CoD:WaW, so I picked up a copy of CoD4, and Unreal Tournament III

UT3 is absolutely stunning. It reminds me of the first one, but "next gen" and amazing looking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Beat Crysis and been playing Left 4 Dead. Steam pulled a fast one and apparently deleted a DLL, so when it unistalled it unistalled the two steam games on my computer, making me reinstall steam and L4D and Dawn of War 2. What a POS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Macbook Pro, 2.53gHz, 4GB mem, 250GB HD; 13.3" Macbook (White), 2gHz, 2GB mem, 120GB HD
I only play World of Warcraft pretty much lol! With my upgrade to the new Macbook Pro, I get an average of 40-ish fps, which blows away my period Macbook that averaged about 8 fps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Finally played/beat Mass Effect. Now I am playing Assassins Creed. Getting ready for both sequels. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
Still playing DotA but getting ready to start playing Heroes of Newerth (standalone game based on the Savage 2 engine). Much of the DotA community is already there and the game is still in closed beta.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.