• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What happens at Apple if Al Gore ran for and is elected president?

Reaction score
Hello, I know he is stated no way no how is he running again but what would happen if he did? He is on the board of directors so would he have to resign?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
If he wanted to I suppose he would, but I don't know if he has to. It wouldn't mean much for Apple other than they would lose a high profile member.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
It would actually be good publicity for Apple if they played their cards right. Jobs actually wants him to anyways

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
From his loftier position, he can allow Apple to take over all of the government defense contracts.

Imagine a missile that is sleek, stylish, and can play your favorite music or Movies before detonation!

iBomb, it's the wave of the future. Well, that or vomitariums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1 word:

Lock-box...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Jim Lehrer: Which beings us to our final question. Governor Bush, both you and the Vice-President have offered plans to provide prescription drugs for the elderly. What makes your plan superior?

Al Gore: Jim, I'd like to interrupt here and answer that question as if it were my turn to speak. Jim, let me tell about a friend of mine. [ holds up a picture of an elderly woman ] Her name is Etta Munsen. She's 94, she's a widow living on Social Security in Sparta, Tennessee. Etta was born with only one kidney. She also suffers from poilo, spinal menengitis, lung, liver, and pancreatic cancer, an enlarged heart, diabetes, and a rare form of styctic acne. Now, several recent strokes, along with an unfortunate shark attack, have left her paralyzed and missing her right leg under the knee. Just last week she woke from a coma to find that, due to a hospital mix-up, her left arm had been amputated, infected with syphillis, and then reattached.

Jim Lehrer: Mr. Vice-President, we are short of time..

Al Gore: As you can imagine, Jim.. Etta's prescription drug bills are staggering. They run to nearly $113 million a day! And she tells me that some weeks she has to choose between eating and treating her Lyme Disease. Now, under my plan, Etta's prescription drugs would be covered. Under my opponent's plan, her house would be burned to the ground. And that is wrong. That is just wrong!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
^^^ talk about the worst luck in the world

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Jim Lehrer: Which beings us to our final question. Governor Bush, both you and the Vice-President have offered plans to provide prescription drugs for the elderly. What makes your plan superior?

Al Gore: Jim, I'd like to interrupt here and answer that question as if it were my turn to speak. Jim, let me tell about a friend of mine. [ holds up a picture of an elderly woman ] Her name is Etta Munsen. She's 94, she's a widow living on Social Security in Sparta, Tennessee. Etta was born with only one kidney. She also suffers from poilo, spinal menengitis, lung, liver, and pancreatic cancer, an enlarged heart, diabetes, and a rare form of styctic acne. Now, several recent strokes, along with an unfortunate shark attack, have left her paralyzed and missing her right leg under the knee. Just last week she woke from a coma to find that, due to a hospital mix-up, her left arm had been amputated, infected with syphillis, and then reattached.

Jim Lehrer: Mr. Vice-President, we are short of time..

Al Gore: As you can imagine, Jim.. Etta's prescription drug bills are staggering. They run to nearly $113 million a day! And she tells me that some weeks she has to choose between eating and treating her Lyme Disease. Now, under my plan, Etta's prescription drugs would be covered. Under my opponent's plan, her house would be burned to the ground. And that is wrong. That is just wrong!

LOL!!! I likes that episode! :D:D:D Great post!!!

Reaction score
I don't think anything happens if he runs. If he were to win, all market positions go into a blind-trust to avoid any conflict of interest. I'd also guess that he could retain his directorship during the campaign but would most certainly have to resign from all boards if elected.

--

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
He's an apple fan

Reaction score
Not to worry. He wouldn't win anyway. In the last election Al Gore lost the USA andTennessee and he did not even carry his own voting district. The TN voters are wise to this guy. (Would you buy a used car from him?)
An ex Tennesseian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Current iPhone and iPod owner, Future Mac Owner
Thank God those Tennessee voters elected somebody whose morals are beyond question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I think he would also get rid of the pipes and replace them with wires that carry electronic transmissions, making the internet a little more up to date. I mean, he did invent the internet right? He can get rid of those darn pipes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
OH NO, it would mean future Macs would put us to sleep while they run!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
I think he would also get rid of the pipes and replace them with wires that carry electronic transmissions, making the internet a little more up to date. I mean, he did invent the internet right? He can get rid of those darn pipes.

Dude, those are tubes! Tubes are more flexible than pipes and as such are easier to get unstuck...

;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
EDIT:

eh, nevermind.

Thanks for bringing me to my senses, Baggss.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah jeez....here we go....

Why do these threads always turn into political bash fests in the end?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
The TN voters are wise to this guy. (Would you buy a used car from him?)
An ex Tennesseian

al gore is a weathly man. i would almost definetely buy a used car from him.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Dude, those are tubes! Tubes are more flexible than pipes and as such are easier to get unstuck...

;D

Exactly! Ten movies streaming across that, that Internet, and what happens to your own personal Internet? I just the other day got... an Internet was sent by my staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on Friday, I got it yesterday. Why? Because it got tangled up with all these things going on the Internet commercially.
They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the Internet. And again, the Internet is not something that you just dump something on. It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes. And if you don't understand, those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and it's going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material.

In all fairness to Sen. Stevens, I think he was speaking metaphorically. I highly doubt that he really believes that the internet is a series of tubes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.