What genious at Apple envisioned a white magick trackpad?

Reaction score
I just bought a new 4k iMac with i7 processors and a 2TB fusion drive. It's a beautiful thing! It's the classic Apple silver. The keyboard is silver. My matching WD drives are silver. I have a silver thunderbolt drive. I also have a silver USB/Card hub. Then I look at my new magick trackpad and it's -- WHITE!

I look at the white trackpad and think -- what were they thinking? I'm not averse to white, but when everything else is silver, it just looks out of place. I look at the white trackpad, and can't help but think that someone at Apple should be fired for such stupidity!

Maybe I'm just being a bit too persnikety.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Mid-2012 / iMac Retina 5K Late-2014
Um... Maybe you should look at the keys on the keyboard another time, then? They're white too as is the mouse. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Hey I am just OCD enough that it would bother me too. That is too weird. I did not even know they made then in white.

Lisa

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Perhaps white is the natural color of the plastic used to manufacture these items; mouse, keyboard keys, magic trackpad etc and to color them would mean a coating that may wear off over time on high friction surfaces and look shabby. Black may be an exception where the actual plastic is black as in my MBP keyboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Plastic? My original magic trackpad is silver aluminum on the top and is white plastic underneath. My wired and wireless keyboards have white keys with an aluminum silver body. I know the new Magic Trackpad 2 has a glass surface that was necessary for the force touch feature. Evidently white was the color chosen.

Lisa

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I too prefer the silver aluminum magic trackpad surface (just like the trackpad on Apple portables). Too bad Apple didn't give folks a choice.

I guess the idea may have been to have the Magic Mouse (1 & 2) & the Magic Trackpad 2 surfaces match (white).

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.