• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What ever happened to moderates?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Interesting quiz.

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72

I;m about spot on with the Dalai Lama, which as a Buddhist is quite reassuring, although a little spooky.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Geez, I'm stuck here with a bunch of Liberal ninnies.....
banghead3.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
Lol, aren't most Mac users liberal ninnies?

Go watch Fox News. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: 4.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.46

I don't know what that makes me. Certainly not the Dalai Lama.

Penn Jillette maybe?

Ayn Rand.

Politics always works in waves in this country. Because we are a two party system (rightfully so), the country tends to swing from more conservative to more liberal and back again. It is usually just depending on the leader of either side. A charismatic and popular leader can pull a lot of people to his/her side. Reagan and FDR are good examples of this.

The great thing? Moderates always win out in the end. Our constitution is designed in such a way that compromise is a MUST. It is simply too hard to get things done with only one party, as we can see with Bush from 2000-2006. Even though he held both the executive and legislative branches, it was still a ***** to get things passed. This acts to even out the waves of partison politics. Cut off the top and bottom (or left and right in this case) and what do you get? A nice moderate position.

Ah, I love our system. Even if some people hate it, it's ingenuity is undeniable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
I really like the quiz, moss! (link in post #7)

Economic Left/Right: 1.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.31

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Actually I believe that if you get that response you are truly a moderate. There are more of us than you may suspect and we make up most of middle America.

I wouldn't call it moderate the way you were going off on how Bill Gates is the spawn of Satan and everything he does is evil.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I just took the quiz, but haven't yet scored it. Economically I tend strongly toward the free market, and socially I tend toward acceptance of differences but self-reliance of all (be whatever you are, but not on my expense or at public command).

Okay, now for the scores:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.38

Yup, looks about right.

OP
TheCustomer99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
How did my results change when my views haven't?

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: 6.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.15

Your results are very similar to mine mathogre... at least this time around. I really don't know where my political views changed in the last two months.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
I consider myself a moderate, because I vote over the party lines. I vote for the person whom I think could do a better job. I don't like or dislike any politician based on his/her party. As I mentioned before, I read the whole election booklet from beginning to the end to make my decisions, aside from the political commercials. Now the commercials are targeting a certain group in a different way than other. Those should be banned.
Aside from this, I may be a liberal in my views when it comes to tolerance of others' life style or habits. My motto is even if I may not choose something for myself, others are free to do so. Also, I believe that someone else's lifestyle is not contagious. I have never done drugs, even though I was offered at school.
No, you can't blame McDonalds for being fat.
This is an old thread revived, so I had already done the quiz.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: 5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.23

Somewhere between Hitler and Margaret Thatcher. ..Hopefully closer to Thatcher (psychologically anyway :bone:).

Economic and social conservatism have nothing to do with political parties in my opinion. I am neither Republican nor Democrat. Actually, I used to be a registered Republican until late 2005 when I decided that the party simply wasn't acting as conservatively as I would have liked it to. I vote for whoever holds the opinions that are most similar to mine.

They still call me looking for money though :radioacti

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I think the root problem is slapping labels on people and ideas in the first place. If you're a "moderate" chances are that just means you just like to think for yourself instead of towing the party lines, because everyone is going to have some agreements and disagreements on certain issues. Look at how Guliani (sp?) is getting slammed.

I'll never label myself with any party. I'm my own party. As soon as you label yourself, everyone will draw conclusions about what you believe whether you do or not. George Washington warned the nation about this, but nobody listened.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
I'll never label myself with any party. I'm my own party. As soon as you label yourself, everyone will draw conclusions about what you believe whether you do or not. George Washington warned the nation about this, but nobody listened.

Hit the Nail on the Head for me, generally labels in all forms whether you accept them or not never really describes how you think.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.