• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What do you do for a living?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook C2D 2.0GHz 2GB RAM 250GB HDD
IT System Support for Iron Mountain. Some of you may have heard of this "Tiny" (sarcasm) data management/recovery company. Great place to be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, Dell Inspiron 9400
Systems Technology Division Manager for the U.S. Courts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Typical mac cliché here

Freelance Graphic Designer
(and no, Freelance doesn't mean unemployed - I have had steady work now for nearly 10 years ;D )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
I'm an undergrad student studying sociology wishing that I had already graduated in 2008 with all of my other peers.

I haven't graduated on time because I'm in Iraq serving the USMC as a combat engineer.

Louis, it sounds like you're living the dream, I wouldn't be bashful or defensive at all about what you do (even if that is the mac cliché :p)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15". 2.4GHz. - 2GB RAM. - 60GB HD@7200 rpm.
I haven't graduated on time because I'm in Iraq serving the USMC as a combat engineer.
Bring yourself and the boys home soon. And thanks.

Me? I photograph the local news. The hours are long, make that tough, but I wouldn't trade my job for any other - Okay maybe Mega Millions Winner. :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
Right now I am employed as a mechanic at a local small garage. I work and go to school full time, earning a degree that pretty much has no economic practicality. So I'll probably be working as a mechanic even after I graduate since I'm making more money now than I probably would with a degree in Philosophy and Religious Studies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, High Res, 2GB Ram, 2.4Ghz processor Core 2 Duo
Crowd steward for local arenas, and awaiting my physical/medical to join army XD.

Can't wait

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
IT System Support for Iron Mountain. Some of you may have heard of this "Tiny" (sarcasm) data management/recovery company. Great place to be.

yeah... we used to use you guys. ;P got one of your buildings a block away too.

computer operations and wintel/linux server support for bestbuy via accenture.
we're losing the server support bit to a bit of rearranging. and we'll be taking on more global operations (mainly canada for now). though we will still be feet on the floor for the massive amount of servers we have here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
I've changed jobs since the last thread about this so I guess I can answer again.

I work as a computer tech and assistant for the Town of Duck, NC. When I'm not doing that I work as a freelance computer technician and still maintain a part time job at the three Napa Auto Parts stores on the Outer Banks of NC.

And next year I'll be doing nothing but interning for architecture firms as I try to get my masters and certification in Architectural Design. Yay University!

Reaction score
PCB Designer for the electronics industry - anyone know of any vacancies?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Right now, I'm volunteering (they wont let 16 year olds work where i am) as someone who does little odd jobs for the office workers, like help them change things on their computers, or how to do something on it. But, I'm really wanting to have an internship for the local newspaper. not sure for what yet, though. I'm wanting to do photography.

But yeah I'm not starting off with anything thats concrete :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
It's safe to say I have the most unpopular Position. Highway Patrol.

Nah, I think the most unpopular position would have to be a bomb tester ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook
I'm a freelance Animator/Animation Director, I occasionally do New Media work at digital agencies to help pay the bills.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i am a RADAR technician on a US Navy frigate and i am about to transfer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 iMac dome, 1.25 ghz, OS 10.5.4. 5th Gen 80gb iPod Video
I'm a prepress technician.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2ghz/15"Macbook Pro 4G ram<-> 2.0Ghz/ 20" white iMac 3g ram <-> 2.8ghz/ 24in Aluminum iMac 4g ram
I'm a Lobbyist

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
Assistant Accountant for an environmental consulting company :) I love it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.