What do you dislike about the iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I wish they would unlock the bluetooth more and I want to install apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC 20" 2.4GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB RAM
Unless I am missing something I want to be able to set my custom ringtones for SMS instead of the rubbish that is there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
Unless I am missing something I want to be able to set my custom ringtones for SMS instead of the rubbish that is there.

i forgot about that one. add that to my list too. lol

Reaction score
No video
Hard to answer with one hand
Sometimes it locks up and nothing works
Internet is hit or miss with location

And, the stupid QWERTY keyboard. I swear the suggestions that are provided are so far from what I'm trying to type. If I don't watch what I'm typing it will place words I don't want by pressing the space button. It's a pain to press the suggested word "bubble" to get it removed. And, I thought it was suppose to recognize often used words and names that are in phone library???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
Only complaints:

1. No MMS
2. The phone is a bit smooth, so it's hard to keep hold of at times. (Unless you have a case. I don't because I'd miss the look of the phone too much.)
3. No Copy/Cut/Paste

But... I wouldn't trade it for anything! (Except maybe a newer version ;) )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
1. No third party apps. YET.
2. Use of iPod on iPhone is kind of cumbersome.
3. EDGE is slower than my grandmother using her walker outside on a sheet of ice.
4. Typing on the screen keyboard can be annoying at times. I would've liked a thin as heck sliding keyboard TBH, like the 8525/Tytn, just thinner underneath.
5. Having to "buy" ringtones from iTunes. (no I don't unlock or jailbreak or mod my phone though I know u can)

That's about it. Not any dealbreakers there other than the 3rd party apps but I'm waiting patiently.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What is it with people wanting "cut and paste?" I can't get my brain on why you'd want that on an iPhone, a locked one anyway.

I love the quality of the videos btw. I have an episode of Family Guy on mine and the sound and crispness is outstanding.

Battery life for me is great, and I go online, check mail, use the iPod, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
What is it with people wanting "cut and paste?" I can't get my brain on why you'd want that on an iPhone, a locked one anyway.
If I'm using WiFi and want some level of encryption protection (understanding its weaknesses of course), a WEP password is tedious at best (hexadecimal characters). A WPA-PSK, especially a long one, is impossible. With copy and paste, I could have the password available somehow/somewhere on the iPhone, copy it, and paste it into the network settings.

There are annoyances with network password settings beyond copy and paste, but that would partially resolve them.

Make sense now?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Can't say I would ever use copy and paste on a regular basis myself. It didn't exist on the smartphone I had for a year, and wasn't ever something I needed. Once 3rd party apps come and possible document editing can be done, that would probably be a more desired feature to me.

Reaction score
no mms
no cut n paste
no sms forwarding
no 3G
no Video
no GPS
limited Bluetooth
no custom ringtones/SMS
no real support with Exchange server
No RSS reader
no txt/doc reader with write permissions
Camera rubbish in dim light
Camera no zoom/settings
no Themes

but the weird thing is, it's by far the best phone I've had!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
For me, two major gripes:

1/ 8 GB for the iPod is too small. I really want to see a 16 GB iPhone.

2/ When you email photos off the phone, it size reduces them. This makes the "email photo" option pretty much useless. I would like to be able to email the full size photo off the phone. Instead I have to sync my iPhone, get the pictures on to my Mac, and mail them from there.

Like several other posters above though, the iPhone is without question the BEST cell phone I have ever had. I'll never go back. iPhone 2.0? Bring it on!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
2/ When you email photos off the phone, it size reduces them. This makes the "email photo" option pretty much useless. I would like to be able to email the full size photo off the phone. Instead I have to sync my iPhone, get the pictures on to my Mac, and mail them from there.
While I wouldn't consider it useless, it is annoying to me that we can't choose the size when emailing. I also wonder what it does if you try to send it to a .mac gallery. Does it reduce the dimensions for that, too? If not, that might be my workaround without having to sync to the computer first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
One other annoyance is the inability to sync using Bluetooth. Most advanced phone on the PLANET, and it can't do a basic function that all other phones can? Apple touts how easy it is to use iSync for your phones... except their own? WTH? I could even live with a wireless sync that was limited to contacts/calendar syncing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If I'm using WiFi and want some level of encryption protection (understanding its weaknesses of course), a WEP password is tedious at best (hexadecimal characters). A WPA-PSK, especially a long one, is impossible. With copy and paste, I could have the password available somehow/somewhere on the iPhone, copy it, and paste it into the network settings.

There are annoyances with network password settings beyond copy and paste, but that would partially resolve them.

Make sense now?
Makes sense but you're telling me that EVERYONE complaining about no copy and paste wants it for the same reason as you? Just for plugging in a WPA? Doesn't seem like something essential and yet so many people mention it on these lists.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook
i hate the stupid recessed headphone jack.

I hate the smudging factor.

I hate the fact that I'm scared shitless most of the time of losing it or killing it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Old thread. I realise this but only a recent convert so I didn't get to comment the first time round :)

There are a couple of things that irk me with the iPhone.

Bluetooth - what is the deal here - super cool phone that can't do what a 5 year old SE phone can do...

Inability to forward standard text messages is a real shame - this one does get on my nerves a little more than the bluetooth tbh.

Inability to delete individual text messages - sometimes I want to remove a single text but keep other texts from/to this person.

But for me the biggest thing has to be those headphones! They sound fine - my ears really aren't good enough to notice the difference between standard headphones and expensive ones. Unfortunately the shape of my ears means that these things kind of pop-out if I'm doing anything more than sitting. This is fine at the desk in the office but not so good when I want to go out - or even to bed - if I lay to one side they seem to come out - grrr!

I want some ear-buds but I want that very cool little clicking mic as well (I don't want too much....) as I've gotten very used to being able to skip songs with that little toy. The only ones on the UK site that are kind of what I'm looking for are not too favourably rated/commented on.

EDIT: Oh and mine obviously came with latest software - I like the customisable home screen idea - good move - but I do keep picking the phone up in such a way that I hold an icon long enough to get them dancing and then move things around and what have you :) - This is not a big deal as it's something of my own doing - but - maybe an option in settings to turn it off once you've set-it as you'd like it might be nice :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4
AIM client (a real one), Flash, and 3G

Talking aim: I'd like a solid app, such as those found on EVERY OTHER PHONE (lol), but with the feel of Apple/iPhone, and "better."

Reaction score
Though I don't have an iPhone yet... I play with my friends' iphone ALL THE TIME. complaints I have are:

1. The keyboard only rotates when you're typing in a web address. I'd like the keyboard to rotate when i email and txt because my hands are big and I feel like I'm going to drop it when the keyboard is in portrait mode.

2. The recessed headphone jack only lets me use the apple ear buds (which hurt my ears after a bit) UNLESS I want to buy a $10 adapter.

3. No 3G

4. No GPS

5. A bigger hard drive for music- my ipod is currnetly 20 gigs and I have about 17 gigs of music on it- I'd want at least 20 gigs on the iphone.

6. No SMS forwarding

7. You can't delete single txt messages.

8. No flash support

9. No document viewer

10. The fact that you can't delete some icons from the home screen (I'd NEVER use YouTube nor do I need to have the Clock icon because the time is on the home screen- it's redundant and takes up space).

11. Camera doesn't take video.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
10. The fact that you can't delete some icons from the home screen (I'd NEVER use YouTube nor do I need to have the Clock icon because the time is on the home screen- it's redundant and takes up space).
Fwiw, you can move icons to a second screen, even if you can't delete them.

As an aside, while I can certainly grok that you don't need either of those, the Clock has some neat functions in it. For instance, you can set alarms. These are useful if you need your iPhone to work as, well, an alarm clock. It's useful and effective on travel. Also, it's very good to use for setting "end of the work day" timers. It's especially helpful if you have a coworker who likes to talk and isn't concerned with your time.

I also like the timezone clocks you can add. Here at M-F are folks all over the world. It's kinda neat to know that when it's:

3:50PM here just outside of DC, it's:

8:50PM in London (near TenderSurrender)
12:50PM in Los Angeles (lots of members)
9:50PM in Munich (Aptmunich)
7:50AM - tomorrow - in Melbourne, Victoria (near MaDDoG)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.