Your Mac's Specs
black Macbook--2.16 Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 gb SDRAM, 160 gb HDD
not get mad at multiple crashes & using Windows Vista

[/sarcasm]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Play games.

My macbook plays some games, but not without the fan screaming its head off. I dont like any games with crazy graphics or anything, but Doom (original) shouldn't require a temperature of 167 degrees.

Reaction score
Getting a nudge...

yes i use Window Live messenger on my macbook... and no my boyfriend cannot send me a nudge and that's how he know's i'm on my mac rather than pc.... and i've basically abandon my other laptop.. lol :Smirk:

what else people?

p.s. btw it is SOOO true that you can't use cd/dvd drive's slider as a cup holder.. my boyfriend had encounter someone who had done that to her pc for couple years straight...:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
Solid Edge/AutoCAD/PRO E etc. ;)

I know there is CAD software for Mac, but not the major stuff. :)

i can not remeber the name of the program buy i had a buddy of mine who was running several different cad programs, one of which cost over a grand to purchase so im pretty sure that might be considered major.

Reaction score
I figured this thread would involve lots of MS bashing so people can feel better about their purchase...

One thing I like on Windows is there's lots of free, interesting vst's out there for music production. There are nowhere near as much Mac versions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
IMHO, people who aimlessly bash Microsoft are often uneducated fanboys. Apple has made its share of crap software and upgrades (iTunes 7.3 to name a recent example). MS has a much bigger market share running on much more diverse hardware, it's amazing they don't have more problems than they do.

As for software, MS has made some pretty amazing stuff and Vista aint too shabby either. And all you Apple fanboys do realize that MS is the largest Mac software developer after Apple right?

Reaction score
IMHO, people who aimlessly bash Microsoft are often uneducated fanboys. Apple has made its share of crap software and upgrades (iTunes 7.3 to name a recent example). MS has a much bigger market share running on much more diverse hardware, it's amazing they don't have more problems than they do.

As for software, MS has made some pretty amazing stuff and Vista aint too shabby either. And all you Apple fanboys do realize that MS is the largest Mac software developer after Apple right?

I'm too stupid to notice, but what was wrong with iTunes 7.3?

Reaction score

Thanks for that. I've avoided posting on Mac message boards because it's really irritating wading through threads which half the time involve smug pot-shots against MS w/out any relevance to the topic. This is a great board you have here and it's probably has the lowest amount of thread crapping of the boards I've checked.

My analogy: I personally prefer Puma shoes. I don't feel the need to make digs against the Nike corporation or root for other people's shoes to fall apart.

Back to the topic: there's only one other thing I can think of. Sound Forge on the PC seems to be the consensus best audio editor out there. I've felt that way through my own experiences too. I've tried some Mac equivalents (Bias, Wave Editor, Audacity). They all have some of the functionality but I always find each one missing something or another. I've avoided using Boot Camp just to use Sound Forge because then I'd have to stop everything in the middle of a song and it's just not good for work flow so I'm trying to make do w/ Audacity (which is a GREAT freeware app btw) and compensating through additional software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM 320GB HD, 15" Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4GB RAM 320 GB HDD
I have to agree that MS Money is probably the best personal finance software available. I really wish it was available for Mac. Quicken just doesn't compare and iBank and other Mac alternatives don't do any kind of automatic account sync up with your bank/investment/credit accounts.

Doesn't iBank state on their website that you can sync up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Doesn't iBank state on their website that you can sync up?

You can, if you manually download the files from your financial institiutions. It's not as easy as pushing a button and having the app go out and get the information like Quicken/MS Money do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
You can, if you manually download the files from your financial institiutions. It's not as easy as pushing a button and having the app go out and get the information like Quicken/MS Money do.

Not to mention that MS Money will also update and value your 401(k), can sync to investment accounts like Sharebuilder and also tells you how to invest your cash, depending on your goals.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.