Well...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB RAM, 22" Samsung WS monitor, Apple Bluetooth KB & Mighty Mouse, Airport Extreme BS
[*]We have cable internet here, so I assume I need a router. Yes?
[*]I also want something along the lines as internet anywhere...via mobile broadband card maybe??

I have cable and the download speed is 6.4 mb/s. I can just plug the Ethernet cable from the cable modem right into the MB. I did that once. I have the new AirPort (AP) Extreme base station (802.11n) and it rocks! Everything works so seamlessly. According to my system, the AP it is running at 144 mb/s! which is 22x faster than my cable! Kind of overkill, but I hope to attach printers to the BS in future. It is cool being able to take the MB anywhere on my property. and having the fastest network in town all to myself. :)

OP
X
Reaction score
I have cable and the download speed is 6.4 mb/s. I can just plug the Ethernet cable from the cable modem right into the MB. I did that once. I have the new AirPort (AP) Extreme base station (802.11n) and it rocks! Everything works so seamlessly. According to my system, the AP it is running at 144 mb/s! which is 22x faster than my cable! Kind of overkill, but I hope to attach printers to the BS in future. It is cool being able to take the MB anywhere on my property. and having the fastest network in town all to myself. :)

Where do you live? :D

I ordered it yesterday, I expect it weds, thurs, or friday. The guy said it could take up to the 29th but I can't wait that long, lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.