Weird sounds when inserting disc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
When I stick a dvd or any disc into the drive slot it makes weird sounds like a vhs recording or rewinding. Being the fact that i have never owned an mac before i was wondering if this is normal or if it suppose to be seamless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2ghz C2D, 2gig Ram, 120gig HD / 60gig Black Ipod Video / 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle
It's a common sound. No issues there. I was a bit curious about it when I first got mine but after confirming it with multiple people I have found that it is a common sound associated with mounting the disc in the slot so nothing to worry about.

Reaction score
Hehe I made a thread about this too! So long as it's quiet during playback and there's no dodgy noises then be at ease! Everything is fine!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 ghz Macbook
i was worried to begin with when that crunching noise happened when putting it in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Unfortunately, the MB isn't designed with noise insulation that well, in regard to the CD drive. It's normal, no need to worry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.