weird printer errors

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
I know, I know, I'm really a Power Mac girl, but this week I'm at a family camp that has iMacs with 9.2.2. I was trying to help someone print something out of their email, but the iMac wouldn't let me print it.

Here's what I did:
1. I went to the Chooser and selected the printer I wanted to use: an HP deskjet 6127.

2. The iMac asked me for the computer's network address. I found a piece of paper that I thought had the network address on it, but when I typed it in it said it was incorrect.

3. After a few failed attempts, I went to the front desk to see if they could help me find this mysterious network address. Sadly, the staff couldn't figure it out and told the person I was trying to help that they should use the only Doze machine in the computer room.

What should I have done? Did I do the right thing? Am I even close? Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
It has been a while. But here is my shot. Normally there is a menu function on the printer that you can scroll through. You should be able to print put the printer confiiguration page. On that page you should be able to find the ip address you are looking for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.