Weird: Clicking links on links in emails

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch, M1, 2021, 256GB 16GB memory. MBA M1 2020 256GB, 8GB memory.
I've experienced this a few times during the last week. Sometimes when I click on a link in an email that has been sent to me (genuine, known and expected emails), instead of the link taking me to the expected destination, what appears on my screen is one of the webpages I have open in Safari. Has anyone else experienced this and do you know what is causing it? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
If you wait a bit, does the link ever appear? When you click a link, Safari opens and starts downloading the page at the URL. In the meantime, you see whatever was last opened. Eventually the page starts to display and the previous page disappears. Could it be that it's taking a long time for the link to download?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch, M1, 2021, 256GB 16GB memory. MBA M1 2020 256GB, 8GB memory.
I'll try waiting if it happens again. Didn't think to wait as had always been instant in the past. As a matter of interest, I clicked on the link in the email received telling me you had responded and it opened this page immediately. So it is intermittent. I'll post back when I've discovered more. Thanks.

krs

Reaction score
.......So it is intermittent....
Not necessarily.
It depends how quickly the website server responds and there may also be a bit of congestion in the net at times.
I have had a few occasions recently where it takes a website several seconds to load whereas it was pretty much instant previously.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.