Website development question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So I am working on a website (obviously) that will use live streaming (possibly embedded from twitch, unsure ATM) in addition to other features that I could pretty much write in any language. I know python, PHP, JavaScript, and Java (not planning on using this through Web Design Company Charlotte, it's just part of my knowledge), and I am about to start learning jquery In a general scenario, which language or set of languages, would you consider best for web development, and for what reasons? I realize this is a highly opinionated question, and I have Googled it, but I can't find a proper answer for me to be able to decide which route to take.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thread moved to better area (Website Design & Hosting).

Nick

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
There is virtually no reason to learn JQuery right now. There are very few cases to be writing stuff directly in JQuery except for small snippets of functionality.

With Python, PHP (ugh) and Java, you've covered the primary backend languages. Ruby is another popular one, but you should also ensure that you know the backend frameworks in those languages like Flask or Django for Python, Laravel for PHP, Spring for Java and Ruby on Rails.

For the frontend, JavaScript covers the language that's universal, here you'd want to learn the frameworks like ReactJS (NextJS) and Angular. Learning a bit about Vue.JS and Ember.JS is not bad either.

OP
J
Reaction score
There is virtually no reason to learn JQuery right now. There are very few cases to be writing stuff directly in JQuery except for small snippets of functionality.

With Python, PHP (ugh) and Java, you've covered the primary backend languages. Ruby is another popular one, but you should also ensure that you know the backend frameworks in those languages like Flask or Django for Python, Laravel for PHP, Spring for Java and Ruby on Rails.

For the frontend, JavaScript covers the language that's universal, here you'd want to learn the frameworks like ReactJS (NextJS) and Angular. Learning a bit about Vue.JS and Ember.JS is not bad either. Suzuki Bolan Carry Daba Price in Pakistan
thank you so much for your suggestion

Reaction score
Usually, when developing websites, several programming languages are used to make the site more functional.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
And with that "amazing" response, we're going to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.