water damage

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be: 20'' 2.16ghz 1gb ram 250 harddrive.
I have two ferrets who are always into everything, a few minutes ago one of them manages to get onto my desk, using my leg as a path and knocked over a glass of water all over the keyboard, i quickly pored the water out of the keyboard back into the glass, and got the hairdryer on it, most of the water as gone and there doesn't seem to be any damage at the moment.

I notice that the keyboard seems to be totally sealed so nothing can get into the chips or whatever they are called.

as anyone else spilt anything on their keyboard and did yours survive, and would something like that affect my warranty

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Water spillage probably isn't covered by the warranty, however if you are using it fine right now you're probably in the clear. Normally water is Very Bad (TM) for electronics, however if you dry it enough then often things are ok.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Happily, your ferrets at least exercised some restraint - keyboards are inexpensive and easily replaced if the worst comes to the worst!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
My brother recently spilled a little juice on his MBP keyboard. He took it out and ran warm water over the area, used compressed air to blow out excess remaining water, and let it dry out. He pushed and released the sticky keys while the keyboard was having water run over it. That was about a week ago. All seems fine, for now.

This is one of those BIG, your milage may very incidents.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.