Wanting to switch to an Imac

Reaction score
Hi

I new to this forum so this will be first post... Ive been thinking of moving from Windows/Linux to Mac, as I am something of a programmer and a hobbyist anime artist Ive grown slightly dissolusioned with the Windows and Linux market over the years. Mainly as I feel Linux has become to fragmented and slow to produce, and I dont really want to upgrade to Vista (I dont even use XP).

I guess my question is somewhat childish maybe, but my hardware is aging now (over 5 years old) and Im looking to upgrade and think I need a push (or punch) to try a new iMac, ive got my eye on the 20" version.. anyone got any ideas (hints, slaps, kicks) on how much more usefull the mac is with things like Java, Anime/Cartoon type stuff ?????

Thanks for any help !!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Welcome to the Forums, sibling!

Java is greatly supported on the Mac with compilers and Xcode available right on the install disk. I don't code any myself, but there are a lot of resources that will help you using Java on a Mac.

As for animation, I would recommend looking into some of the freeware versions of the Adobe Creative Suite, like Gimp. Actually, I'd recommend just buying CS2...

I just bought myself a 20" iMac not two weeks ago and I've barely been able to leave it to go to work in the morning. It's a great machine.

You'll most likely be happy with an iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
I suppose you are suggesting to buy CS3...as it's optmized for intel macs..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.