Want to play age of empires 3 on mac

Reaction score
Want to play age of empires 3 or warcraft 3 but not sure how to play for mac. Has anyone successfully done this and can help me out?

Specs:
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

I've looked into vine but not really sure how it works.

Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
C

chas_m

I guess I just don't understand the question. Age of Empires 3 and Warcraft 3 are both very old games -- assuming they've been updated to run on modern computers, of course they'll play on your machine.

I have no idea what the vine reference means.

OP
E
Reaction score
Are these games mac comparable is my question? I know mac soft made age of empires 3 for mac but they stopped producing it so it sells for over 200$. Vine is what I was told to use to try to run a windows game on a mac, not much success

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Warcraft 3 has support for Mac. Visit that site and buy it. Age of Empires III seems to be in development and assuming the site is correct and up to date, indicates a July release. There seems to be varying degrees of success of running Age of Empires III through Wine witnessed by its report page.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/15699449884#1

seems I would have to run a windows emulator or somehow run mac 10.6 or below even though I have mac 10.10 OS. May just have to buy an old PC to play

Probably your best bet. I doubt seriously if WINE (not Vine) would be able to run either of those games, but who knows? I have seen some fantastic work arounds with Windows games running under WINE but the guys who do it are a lot smarter than me. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.