Wahhhh!! :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
I was going to take a picture of my MacBook using my digicam, but I accidentally pulled on the digicam's lace which made my digicam fall on the trackpad of my MacBook. It wasn't a hard fall and didn't cause scratches on my digicam(it was its first fall in more than 2 years), but when I looked on my trackpad.. there was some sort of small dent(well not really, but it looks shiny and whiter than the trackpad) on the trackpad itself. There was also a line on the trackpad button continuing to the area below the button, but it isn't as visible compared to the one on the trackpad itself.

It hasn't affected the functionality of the trackpad, but it's disturbing. :( I tried using the diluted soap mixture, or just a damp cotton cloth in hopes that it will be removed, but nothing happened.

I feel so guilty since my MacBook is just turning 3 weeks this Saturday and it's got that and a not so visible scratch on the wrist area. WHAT DO I DO!?!??!?!?!:eek:neye: :eek:neye: :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook
The only thing you can do is learn from your mistake. I would be happy no real damage occurred. And always remember, Stuff Happens.

OP
rixx03
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
Gee, I was hoping you'd suggest some scratch remover or something. I am so disturbed about this. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook
I would just leave it alone if I were you. Post a picture of the damage if you can.

OP
rixx03
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I tried doing that. It won't show because of the flash, and if I adjust the lighting and turn off the flash it'll be the same. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD
Go to the apple store buy the trackpad protector its a sticker that protects the trackpad and the trackpad button. It will cover up the damage easily. There only 12 bucks and it comes with two sets. Ive had it on mine for about 3 months its awesome ;) hope that helps

Here's one for a white macbook for $9.95 if you want to buy it offline

http://www.welovemacs.com/07670white.html

OP
rixx03
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank goodness there was a solution to that! THANK YOU!! :mac:

EDIT: On second thought, I still don't know if I can get one. I don't know if I can get one since I have absolutely no idea if there is one in the Apple Store here because I am currently in the Philippines. I hope there is, since almost all of the products in the online Apple Store is in the store here. Anyway the one in the online Apple Store is named "Power Support Track Pad Film for MacBook" and it's $12.95.

Reaction score
^^ hey bro. Filipino here. i bought my macbook just last week at Power Mac Center at sa megamall. There is also another branch in glorietta. i heard its the biggest branch here. and there is one currently on construction at the new ayala mall Trinoma in north edsa. Power Mac Center is an apple store of course.

OP
rixx03
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Make that sis. I'm a girl. I bought mine in Mall of Asia, but I canvassed prices in Glorietta. And yes, the branch in Glorietta is the largest here. Anyway, I'm in Las Pinas so the Apple Stores are kinda far from here. Have you seen a trackpad protector in any of the branches you've been?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.0Ghz, 1 Gig Ram
try isopropyl alochol on a damp cloth. You can usually find it at drug stores for like a dollar. Make sure you get the strong stuff 100%. This is also really handy for cleaning your LCD screen by diluting it 50% with water and sparying it on a lint-free cloth.

Reaction score
Make that sis. I'm a girl. I bought mine in Mall of Asia, but I canvassed prices in Glorietta. And yes, the branch in Glorietta is the largest here. Anyway, I'm in Las Pinas so the Apple Stores are kinda far from here. Have you seen a trackpad protector in any of the branches you've been?

sorry for the misconception. uhmm, i dont think. its the first time iv heard about this protector. ill PM you the number of megamall branch so you can ask them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do any online stores ship to the Philippines?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh well Im sorry :( that kind of sucks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone
try isopropyl alochol on a damp cloth. You can usually find it at drug stores for like a dollar. Make sure you get the strong stuff 100%. This is also really handy for cleaning your LCD screen by diluting it 50% with water and sparying it on a lint-free cloth.

You really shouldn't use rubbing alcohol, diluted or not. It will start to eat the coating of your screen, or if used on your laptop, the clear coat on that as well.

For cleaning, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser the case (inside and out).
And use a damp cloth to clean the screen, or buy a screen cleaner from Apple.

EDIT: My bad, try not to use the Magic eraser on the outside of a white Macbook, it could be abrasive..but the inside (basically where it counts for oil, etc.) works great

OP
rixx03
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
rixx03
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You really shouldn't use rubbing alcohol, diluted or not. It will start to eat the coating of your screen, or if used on your laptop, the clear coat on that as well.

For cleaning, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser the case (inside and out).
And use a damp cloth to clean the screen, or buy a screen cleaner from Apple.

EDIT: My bad, try not to use the Magic eraser on the outside of a white Macbook, it could be abrasive..but the inside (basically where it counts for oil, etc.) works great

Yup, I agree with him. I was supposed to quote the other message too, but he was first. :flower:

Alcohol is too harsh for your MacBook.. inside and on the screen. But Richie_Gecko told me that it's okay for the outer case of the laptop. Especially on stains.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.