Volume Control on LG monitor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" mid 2011. iPhone 4 & 5. iPad 1. Appletv.
Hi, I am trying to get my LG monitor to be controlled by the Brightness and Volume buttons on my Mac mini keyboard. I downloaded Monitor Control and the Brightness is now adjustable but the Volume is not.

Some possible reasons might me the M1 chip or the new OS or the fact that my LG is connected via HDMI??

(my LG doesn't seem to be able to find the USB c input)

any alternatives to Monitor Control or any other solutions would be most welcome. The stupid LG volume button does my head in...

Reaction score
Which model of LG do you have?
Are you using the HDMI cable the came with the monitor?
Which HDMI port on the monitor are you using?
Have you tried a Factory Reset on the Monitor?
Verified all the Monitor setup settings?
Check the MAC Mini "Preference" settings under the "Sound"settings.

EppenDan

Reaction score
Download MonitorControl from MacUpdate
Download MonitorControl for Mac | MacUpdate

Ive been using this for a couple of years already on my MBP 2016 with Intel silicon.

When using with a Mac laptop lid that IS CLOSED, the volume controls on your keyboard should work.
When using with a Mac laptop lid that IS OPENED, the volume controls on your keyboard may not work, but you will be able to use the minuet volume control to control the monitor's volume..

BetterDisplay as an alternative
GitHub - waydabber/BetterDisplay: Unlock your displays on your Mac! Smooth scaling, HiDPI unlock, XDR/HDR extra brightness upscale, DDC, brightness and dimming, dummy displays, PIP and lots more!
If this doesn't work, you can try BetterDisplay, another app created by the original author of MonitorControl.
I can confirm that this app works to control my monitor's volume settings on my MBP 2023 with Apple silicon M2 Max and an LG 40WP95C-W 40display.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Ive been using this for a couple of years already on my MBP 2016 with Intel silicon.

That's good to know and welcome to mac-forums forums.

But I guess you missed noticing the OP's post date of their problem, and hopefully they got it resolved some time ago.

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.