Vivaldi browser for iOS beta available

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Last night I downloaded Vivaldi's current iOS beta version on Test Flight.
I have been waiting for this for years, ever since the macOS version was released in fact, about 4 years ago. ever since I have regularly pestered Vivaldi support for an iOS version but they chose to release an Android version first.
Despite my persistence, and that of many others I might add, the development of an iOS version has been slow to say the least. In their defence they have mentioned how difficult Apple has made it for developers to release apps on the App Store, an opinion expressed by other software developers too but I wont get into that here.

The uptake for testing the beta version has been huge, I missed the first version release in March and checking the Test Flight link this morning I note that it's already full again. You can register for their newsletter here. Vivaldi on iOS | Vivaldi Browser This is the only way to get an invitation to the beta testing program but I think it will not be long before the first public release.

So far I have not found any obvious bugs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.